ADVERTISEMENT

Earthquake shakes NYC

I'm guessing that's very unusual for that area. Anybody know?
Let me ask around
Dog Hello GIF by The BarkPost

I looked it up. Last one we felt was in 2011 and it was a 5.8 magnitude in VA that we felt in NYC.
I live outside DC in MD and I recall that one. I'd never experienced that before. Unsettling.

Sort of felt like when you're in your car on an overpass waiting for the light to change, and a huge truck rumbles by shaking the bridge. Except it just kept going and going,and things were falling off shelves.

Even mother earth is trying to shake off the sting of The Rock not endorsing Biden.

I live outside DC in MD and I recall that one. I'd never experienced that before. Unsettling.

Sort of felt like when you're in your car on an overpass waiting for the light to change, and a huge truck rumbles by shaking the bridge. Except it just kept going and going,and things were falling off shelves.
I am in MD a well. It was quite unsettling. I was on the phone with a Verizon rep in Pittsburgh he felt it as well.

My nephew is in ny in an old skyscraper and said his chair on wheels was rolling around the room. With him in it. Interestingly, he said his first thought was a subway accident.

I was in dc in 2011, and subway issue was my first thought too. Then a bus accident. Then, uh, get under the door frame.

Funny story about the dc one - the cathedral had just been completed after something like 70 years of work, and suffered damage. So the scaffolding went back up. A few years after I was talking to a guy who had asked a guy at the cathedral when the repairs would be done. He was told, “oh, they’re pretty much done, and the scaffolding could come down, but do you have any conception of the fundraising value of keeping it up?” That was five years ago. It’s still up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT