ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Eight: Wisconsin-Arizona

Feb 25, 2008
Kaminsky flops BAU for a charge. 'Zona hits a three to take their first lead. Then Kaminsky puts the moves on the Arizona interior D and dunks it to give the Badgers back the lead.

This is gonna be a good one....

I (some times reluctantly) pull for all the Big Ten teams, but Wisconsin and Bo make it very difficult. It's almost as if they actually believe all that BS about them never fouling. Pretty physical game so far.

Good for Wisconsin. Unlike Iowa, Wisconsin doesn't back down. They give it back. Hell, Wisconsin would be ahead by 20 but for the ridiculous officiating. Go Badgers. Go Big Ten.

Decker gets screwed and comes thru and gets one. I really hate Wisky but a big ten fan. Arizona going to mug the rest of the way.

it gets very old hearing from the commentators that "Wisconsin never fouls."

Uh, yeah they foul, just call all of them or Bo will be in your ear!

That is the worst officiated game of the tournament. AZ is hacking the hell out of WI, and no calls. WI should be winning by 20 points.

Gotta to give Wisconsin their due -- they are tough and clutch. Dekker and Kaminsky have been beasts today.

Originally posted by bouma1415:
That is the worst officiated game of the tournament. AZ is hacking the hell out of WI, and no calls. WI should be winning by 20 points.
Agreed. Countless hipchecks beyond the arc as well. Wisconsin is really good, probably the only team that stands a chance to beat that NBA team in Kentucky.

Wisconsin is the epitome of basketball tough. That's the thing that's been missing from Iowa basketball for far, far too long. Say what you will about Bo, but his guys never quit, never back down, never get intimidated. And when they're getting screwed by the stripes, they hit a dagger of an in-your-face three. What a ball club. I really would love to see what would happen if they matched up with Kentucky. Yah, that's the game I wanna see, especially if they actually hire competent officials to call it.

The NCAA, which of course knows no shame, ought to embarrassed to no end about the way this farce was allowed to go on--in the Elite Eight no less.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:

I really would love to see what would happen if they matched up with Kentucky.
They will lose, and it probably won't even be that close.

About Dekker, I knew that guy was going to be a stud even in high school, when he was playing with Woody and Gesell.

Iowa wanted him, and it's too bad wisky got him instead.

I knew he was going to eventually become an absolute stud. I think next year he dominates the B1G.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:

About Dekker, I knew that guy was going to be a stud even in high school, when he was playing with Woody and Gesell.

I knew he was going to eventually become an absolute stud. I think next year he dominates the B1G.
Why was Dekker playing with Woody, Gesell and Paige? Dekker was from Wisconsin. This is interesting and I did not know it.

Originally posted by ISPHawk:
They are letting Arizona get away with about anything on D
Posted from Rivals Mobile
That was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. Arizona should have been fouled out in the first half. I can't believe Wisconsin was able to win 5 vs 8 when they are used to being 8 on 5. It was a disgrace how much Arizona was allowed to grab and hold. They made Michigan State look like a finesse team.

Originally posted by DanL53:

Why was Dekker playing with Woody, Gesell and Paige? Dekker was from Wisconsin. This is interesting and I did not know it.
In some AAU all-star stuff I believe. I remember watching it on TV actually. Can't remember what it was though.

In some AAU all-star stuff I believe. I remember watching it on TV actually. Can't remember what it was though.
I remember that game. Dekker was great and it was pretty obvious he was going to be a stud in college.

Originally posted by DanL53:

I wish I'd have seen that.
By the way world...I am NOT watching Kentucky. Maybe they will lose.

Nah....booooo Wisconsin. Lose your friggin games.

I'll be the one voice of reason here and NOT give Wisconsin too much credit or respect what Iowa's opponent does. You're welcome.

P.S...............boo Wisconsin and Michigan State.

The UK-ND game was officiated worse. UK mugged ND, hands on them all night both on and off the ball. Wisconsin will be better able to counter this as they are more physical than ND.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT