ADVERTISEMENT

End to IU-MSU game

HoustonREDHawk

HB Legend
Feb 5, 2003
MSU misses a bunch of free throws, as they have done all year, to bring IU back into the game. IU really played pretty poorly throughout, but the lead is finally one possession. MSU is fouled and is shooting two shots, up by one with only about 4 or 5 sec remaining. Izzo has told his players to foul if they get up by three (he was burned twice earlier in the year by not fouling up by 3). They make the first, but miss the second free throw. Down by only 2, Yogi is hurrying the ball up the court to get a shot. Valentine goes over and fouls him intentionally past half court with only about 2 sec remaining, possibly the bonehead play of the year. Yogi goes to the line to shoot the two free throws that would send the game into OT. He looks awful on the first, but it bounces around the rim and goes in. He also short arms the second and isn't so lucky. MSU wins again, despite not be able to finish the game.

I know the whole season matters and MSU beat Iowa, but I really believe that Iowa is as good as any team in the B1G right now, except for Wisconsin. I wish we could get another shot at MSU, but that now seems very unlikely. I think it would have to be in the BTT final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT