ADVERTISEMENT

Espn and NY Times headline about Big 10-SEC in talks for scheduling each other. Any info on this

I am not quite sure why you are referring to the Iowa State game as the state's biggest money maker, do you think Iowa/Bama would be any less? Not to mention bigger TV audiences. It is a wash, replace Iowa St with an SEC team and we will still play two cupcakes. There is nothing to be gained from playing Iowa State. I am all in, I hope it happens. I would much rather see Mizzou than Moo U.
A. Because it is, for both schools/towns when they host.......and you're crazy if you think Iowa and ISU don't give a sh** about the economic impact the Iowa-ISU game has on Ames and Iowa City.

B. How often do you think Iowa is gonna be hosting the likes of Alabama, Texas, LSU, Georgia, or Oklahoma?
If anything, we'll be lucky to play one of those teams in a 5 year stretch and it will most likely be on the road.

A. Because it is, for both schools/towns when they host.......and you're crazy if you think Iowa and ISU don't give a sh** about the economic impact the Iowa-ISU game has on Ames and Iowa City.

B. How often do you think Iowa is gonna be hosting the likes of Alabama, Texas, LSU, Georgia, or Oklahoma?
If anything, we'll be lucky to play one of those teams in a 5 year stretch and it will most likely be on the road.
You understand that the economic impact on Iowa City playing a SEC team at home, is the same as playing ISU at home; right? As a matter of fact, you could argue that the economic impact to the State of Iowa is doubled if Moo U was playing someone else in Ames at the same time. Iowa sells out home games, it doesn't matter if it is Iowa State, or not. Your argument holds no logic. Now I understand that ISU has trouble selling out, except for the Iowa game and occasionally the UNI game and maybe one other during the year. ISU needs Iowa.......Iowa does not NEED the Iowa State game.

You understand that the economic impact on Iowa City playing a SEC team at home, is the same as playing ISU at home; right? As a matter of fact, you could argue that the economic impact to the State of Iowa is doubled if Moo U was playing someone else in Ames at the same time. Iowa sells out home games, it doesn't matter if it is Iowa State, or not. Your argument holds no logic.
The only potential impact is the cohabitation of the students and potential drinking, eating and fornication. Def get lots of students that come in here or there that are there for the parties only. Other than that the impact is a wash if you ask me.

The only potential impact is the cohabitation of the students and potential drinking, eating and fornication. Def get lots of students that come in here or there that are there for the parties only. Other than that the impact is a wash if you ask me.
Well I am all for the partying aspect, but ISU can fornicate themselves.

The soonest I COULD see it happen is 2028, the sec will need to add two teams OR have 2 of their teams play 2 B1(8)G teams.

Actually, that's the only scenario unless the Big Ten adds a conference game.

In years where we play in Iowa City, we only get 4 conf. home games. 2 OOC games + ISU means 7 home games. In years we play AT Ames, we have 5 conf. home games + 2 OOC home games for a grand total of........7.

Add an SEC team into the mix. That's a guaranteed alternate home one year and on the road the next.

Regardless of how you spin it, we'll end up with 7 one year, 6 in another.

Even if we flipped the 5/4 model it would still come out the same, unless they changed when we're on the road and when we're hosting an SEC team......then it could be 5 and 8! :D

Iowa is not getting rid of the ISU game, so that's how it'll have to be.

Iowa will get rid of Iowa State before they get rid of that 7th home game.

Actually, that's the only scenario unless the Big Ten adds a conference game.

In years where we play in Iowa City, we only get 4 conf. home games. 2 OOC games + ISU means 7 home games. In years we play AT Ames, we have 5 conf. home games + 2 OOC home games for a grand total of........7.

Add an SEC team into the mix. That's a guaranteed alternate home one year and on the road the next.

Regardless of how you spin it, we'll end up with 7 one year, 6 in another.

Even if we flipped the 5/4 model it would still come out the same, unless they changed when we're on the road and when we're hosting an SEC team......then it could be 5 and 8! :D

Iowa is not getting rid of the ISU game, so that's how it'll have to be.
Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT