ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN would be plastering conference bowl records all over shows if SEC

terrehawk

HR Heisman
Feb 23, 2011
If the SEC conference was 5-0 (soon-to-be 6-0) every halftime show and return from a commercial would be plastering the SEC domination of the bowls all over every single time.

As it is they barely even talk about it let alone constantly putting up chryons on the screen every opportunity they get

Maybe you don't watch bowl games. I get it. I watch nearly every bowl game every year. They've barely talked about it this year. Every other year it's always posting chryons numerous times at halftime and coming back from every commercial break pimping the SEC or taking shots at the Big 10

I don't know. Maybe you are proveably right in this particular case. I just get so tired of so much "woe is us" on here, whether it's alleged bad calls against the Hawks, or some alleged slight from an announcer about the Hawks or the Big Ten, or even "the government" (that's you and me by the way) screwing the little guy, or whatever.

So ESPN is not pimping the sec and their marvelous bowl record this year. ESPN can cover which news stories they choose, just like ALL other news channels pick and choose.

They will justify it by saying the B1G wasn't in the playoffs so all eight teams were facing lesser talented teams due to the ACC, B12, SEC, and PAC12 top teams in the playoffs, bumping up teams that shouldn't of been in those games.

ESPN talking heads will justify it and make excuses for all those other conferences.

They will justify it by saying the B1G wasn't in the playoffs so all eight teams were facing lesser talented teams due to the ACC, B12, SEC, and PAC12 top teams in the playoffs, bumping up teams that shouldn't of been in those games.

ESPN talking heads will justify it and make excuses for all those other conferences.
Which playoff team is a PAC 12 team?

Reactions: cavhawk14
Facts do not equal a conspiracy
You're the biggest victim on this board. Congrats.
568230e6199ae7f94390d2201759d8e4--k-kickboxing-jiu-jitsu.jpg

terreblehawk------>Conspiracy crackpot
I just watched the entire halftime show and there was not one chryon or discussion about the SEC struggling in the bowls and the big Ten's domination. Not one word not one chryon.

I kind of skipped through some of the first half downtime and I don't remember seeing anything or hearing anything during the game either.

So, in summary regarding the futility of the SEC in bowl games and the domination of the Big Ten in the bowl games.

No mention in the first half.

No mention during the entire halftime show.

And no mention in the second half until 30 seconds left and just said "big 10 is 7-0".

Reactions: amahawk
So, in summary regarding the futility of the SEC in bowl games and the domination of the Big Ten in the bowl games.

And no mention in the second half until 30 seconds left and just said "big 10 is 7-0".
568230e6199ae7f94390d2201759d8e4--k-kickboxing-jiu-jitsu.jpg
Don't forget you title belt. ;)

E(SEC)PN is a dying breed .
Their collapse is imminent .. no credibility anymore . Just a bunch of blowhards .....

They just bought a bunch of assets from Fox that will help them tremendously. They aren't going anywhere, and it's silly to suggest otherwise.

Reactions: bigfridaynite

Ya, to be fair, SEC was underdogs in 4 bowl games played so far. (Due to unfavorable matchups as 2 SEC teams are in CFP) I wouldn't base the "futility" of SEC on Missouri, Kentucky, Texas A&M and Miss St, lol

SEC has 5 teams playing on new years day.

If the SEC conference was 5-0 (soon-to-be 6-0) every halftime show and return from a commercial would be plastering the SEC domination of the bowls all over every single time.

As it is they barely even talk about it let alone constantly putting up chryons on the screen every opportunity they get

This is true!

Reactions: terrehawk

Yah—but we were the best in the first out-of-conference season too...and looks like we got even better...yet no playoffs...

They just bought a bunch of assets from Fox that will help them tremendously. They aren't going anywhere, and it's silly to suggest otherwise.

They've also laid off a significant amount of their workforce. John Clayton & his pony tail to name two.

Reactions: the24fan
There will always be excuses but I'm most interested in what they say when Bama gets beat and Georgia does as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT