ADVERTISEMENT

Ever catch a foul ball or a home run ball at a professional baseball game?

DirtyJohns97

HB Heisman
Oct 2, 2001
Did you actually catch it? Win a scramble for it? Have it thrown to you? Do you remember the player that hit it?

I caught a few fouls balls at Kernal's games, gave away to closest kids

I got a HR ball at a Bandits game a few years ago, my kid got that one

2 foul balls both at brewer games. Don’t remember much about it. Happened 10 plus years ago. One of them I caught the other a scramble. I gave the scramble to the kid that was near me.

Not a HR or foul ball. Closest I've gotten is at a Nationals game years ago, a Marlins outfielder tossed a ball up to us for my daughter. That was pretty nice of him to do.

Had Giants season tickets from 2001-2007 and my seats were first row on the right field foul line in bounds. Barry Bonds homers were always going right over my head and I would sometimes see them being kicked around in the scrum. Unfortunately never got one.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Did you actually catch it? Win a scramble for it? Have it thrown to you? Do you remember the player that hit it?

Got a Carl Crawford foul ball in a Cubs - Red Sox game in Fenway May 2011. Ball bounced a row in front of me and ended up in my row after someone missed it. I was talking to someone on the cell phone and managed to grab the ball with my free hand.

I remember as a kid I got 4 balls in a game for the AA team in Jacksonville. It helped that there were 2 rain delays and my dad and I were the only ones in the bleachers down the right field line

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I’ve gotten five. 3 of the 5 were bounces or rolled under the seat. Used to be a Dbacks season ticket holder with upper deck front row seats between home and first. Got 2 foul balls at a Mariners game in Seattle.

Multiple. Foul balls both on the fly and in a (minor) scrum. Also caught a few batting practice HRs.

Caught one, was in the right field outfield deck area talking with some co workers and snagged it with my left hand. Hurt like hell.

I have a puck that I caught at a Blues game. Would have given it to a kid but it was pretty empty that night and no kids down by my section.

No baseballs.

My niece got a ball from Matt Kemp at a Cards - Dodgers game back in the day because she was the only girl on the rail between innings. I walked down with her because she was 4 or 5 at the time to make sure she didn’t get bowled over. Kemp came over and handed her a ball and told me he couldn’t stand to walk by her one more inning with her disappointed face.

Good dude.

Reactions: Aardvark86
I've been oh-so-close several times.

The first, which would have meant something, was Roberto Clemente's second-to-last world series home run, which passed just over my head.
More recently, I had one fall between me and the row in front of me in Boston, and was just not fast enough to grab it. I was reminded of an old baseball book I read that talked about a scramble for a ball in which a suburban kid "wanted" it but the urban kid "had to" have it.

A number of balls "presented" to me as part of meeting players with my uncle charlie, including signed ones from Brooks Robinson, Billy Martin, and the unlikely combo of Lou Brock, Enos Slaughter, and Bob Gibson.

I also witnessed this one, , though from behind such that at first I didn't understand why people were oohing and aahing .

I have, on the other hand, been on the collecting end of an errant NHL puck in warm ups, which I presented to Aardvark Jr. as it would have likely killed him if he had been sitting in his seat.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT