ADVERTISEMENT

Every f’n month for over two years boys!

curtisj157

HR All-State
Aug 26, 2021
IMG-0047.jpg
Doing my part but we need some deep pockets to get more involved! DAMMIT!!! Get on it Beth!!!

IMG-0047.jpg
Doing my part but we need some deep pockets to get more involved! DAMMIT!!! Get on it Beth!!!
I think you have the potential to produce some spectacular promos to get more people interested in donating to Swarm.

Here are a few I think fans would like that are uniquely curtisj:

“Tired of the Iowa junior high offense that reeks worse than maggot infested puss oozing out of infected gorilla ass? Donate to Swarm today and we will be sure to pop that puss on the way to fielding a JV style offense we all can be proud of!”

“Does your church league or YMCA basketball squad remind you of the Iowa basketball team? Ever questioned how Fran MCaffrey pulls all that talent from Panera Bread front counters or sales teams from J Crew or the Pottery Barn that leaves you wondering… so, when did basketball turn into a swim meet? Well, wonder no more. Join Swarm today (so Fran can afford tomorrow to buy more black guys who don’t suck at basketball)!”

I’m sure you could line up a couple more promos that will surely get big-time donors’ wallets cracked open in a jiff. Make it happen, curtisj!

That's awesome!! Congrats on finally being part of something....even though you have to pay for it.

Personal reasons. 1) I don't like what NIL money is doing to college sports. 2) The amounts of money that some players are getting is unreasonably high, while others get very little or nothing. 3) It's not really payment for NIL, it's pay to play. Players are not required to do anything but play to get it.

I guess I am just fundamentally opposed to the way NIL is working.

Personal reasons. 1) I don't like what NIL money is doing to college sports. 2) The amounts of money that some players are getting is unreasonably high, while others get very little or nothing. 3) It's not really payment for NIL, it's pay to play. Players are not required to do anything but play to get it.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards
Winner winner chicken dinner.
This is supposed to be college sports. Not professional athletes playing for salary. Fundamentally it is just ruining the spirit of college athletics.

3) It's not really payment for NIL, it's pay to play. Players are not required to do anything but play to get it.

This is by far my biggest gripe. NIL was supposed to be so popular players could make money signing autographs, gets royalties from the school selling jerseys with their names on them, and letting them get paid to do advertisements for local businesses. It was not intended to take up a collection from the fan base to see if we can be the highest bidder for the next great recruit. While I'm not against players getting paid, I think the way NIL is set up now just absolutely and totally sucks.

I agree NIL has gone off the tracks and is ruining college sports.
I also realize and accept however that this is the way it is now.
Teams without a strong base for NIL will never compete with never mind beat schools
with a strong NIL buying the best players year after year.
The strong will get stronger and leave the weaker schools further behind.
Just look at Ohio State who coach Day demanded the boosters and alumni and local businesses pony up 13mil for NIL 3 years ago.
It is OK certainly to not contribute but if you chose that path stop bitching about how bad your team is.

Reactions: TCity Hawk
I agree NIL has gone off the tracks and is ruining college sports.
I also realize and accept however that this is the way it is now.
Teams without a strong base for NIL will never compete with never mind beat schools
with a strong NIL buying the best players year after year.
The strong will get stronger and leave the weaker schools further behind.
Just look at Ohio State who coach Day demanded the boosters and alumni and local businesses pony up 13mil for NIL 3 years ago.
It is OK certainly to not contribute but if you chose that path stop bitching about how bad your team is.
Even this f#cked-up version of NIL isn't going to change the power structure of college football. Now, instead of most players not getting paid and the great players from the top programs getting paid under the table, it will be most players getting paid a little and players at top programs getting paid a lot.

The only way this would change in any way is if a gagillionaire who is a grad/fan of some school with a mid-tier program decides that he wants to start donating $10M/yr to that school's NIL fund. Small collections from regular fans isn't going to make much difference and separate the Iowa/Wisconsin/Michigan St-type schools from one another.

This is by far my biggest gripe. NIL was supposed to be so popular players could make money signing autographs, gets royalties from the school selling jerseys with their names on them, and letting them get paid to do advertisements for local businesses. It was not intended to take up a collection from the fan base to see if we can be the highest bidder for the next great recruit. While I'm not against players getting paid, I think the way NIL is set up now just absolutely and totally sucks.
Exactly my feelings. I always thought it was stupid that players could not make any money from their "name", but what you just outlined was how I always thought it should be. Not "cut me a check and I'll come play for you".

If I were inclined to pay some college kids for going to Iowa, athletes would be pretty far down the list of students who would see my money.
They have their tuition paid for and I would wager none of them have a diet that consists of 75% ramen noodles. Even before they started getting paid, they had it waaaay better than I ever did in college.

I understand that I forfeit my right to complain about recruiting, which is fine with me as I never exercised that right anyway.

I think you have the potential to produce some spectacular promos to get more people interested in donating to Swarm.

Here are a few I think fans would like that are uniquely curtisj:

“Tired of the Iowa junior high offense that reeks worse than maggot infested puss oozing out of infected gorilla ass? Donate to Swarm today and we will be sure to pop that puss on the way to fielding a JV style offense we all can be proud of!”

“Does your church league or YMCA basketball squad remind you of the Iowa basketball team? Ever questioned how Fran MCaffrey pulls all that talent from Panera Bread front counters or sales teams from J Crew or the Pottery Barn that leaves you wondering… so, when did basketball turn into a swim meet? Well, wonder no more. Join Swarm today (so Fran can afford tomorrow to buy more black guys who don’t suck at basketball)!”

I’m sure you could line up a couple more promos that will surely get big-time donors’ wallets cracked open in a jiff. Make it happen, curtisj!
When he called Iowa basketball “The Charcuterie Board” because it’s a bunch of crackers on hardwood, I absolutely lost it. One of the funniest things I’ve read on this site.

• Love
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT