ADVERTISEMENT

Exciting new foods coming to the Iowa State Fair

Looking at your avatar, I'm not sure where you believe you stand in the socio hierarchy.

I never understand the "hipness" of insulting the state fair. A. It is a state fair, B. It is heavily attended and by all ranges of people. Maybe you don't understand the Ag purpose of it?

Let me guess...you complain when ESPN shows cornfields as promos for Iowa games.

Reactions: diehardhawk82
Our State Fair is a great state fair;
It's the best State Fair in our State.

The Iowa State Fair was the model for the 1933 movie "State Fair," which was shot in Des Moines, and for the 1945 musical version of the movie with music by Rodgers & Hammerstein. When the musical version was remade in 1962 with Pat Boone and Ann-Margaret, the location was changed to Texas.

Bastards.

As all Iowans know -- or should know -- "Blue Boy," the prize hog exhibited by Will Rogers in the '33 movie, was a litter mate of Floyd of Rosedale.

So you guys are now turning your state fair into some sort of class struggle thing? Shame on you...

Indeed. I see nothing wrong with people from all over the state gathering to celebrate culture, farming, and industry. I love wandering through the animal exhibit areas watching kids from all over Iowa working hard to prep their animals for showing. I love the food. I love the exhibit halls. I love the wide variety of music played in all the venues. I love walking around and seeing people enjoying themselves.

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
Indeed. I see nothing wrong with people from all over the state gathering to celebrate culture, farming, and industry. I love wandering through the animal exhibit areas watching kids from all over Iowa working hard to prep their animals for showing. I love the food. I love the exhibit halls. I love the wide variety of music played in all the venues. I love walking around and seeing people enjoying themselves.
Reminds me of what a native Anguillan said a few years ago after Jimmy Buffett held a concert on the island: "Never saw so many white people in one place in my life."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT