ADVERTISEMENT

Fact Checker: Are Biden policies to blame for Iowa gas spike?

If my memory is correct, it seems to me that when gas prices cratered during Covid ol’ 45 stepped forward and took credit for falling gas prices, even though worldwide demand had fallen, creating the low prices.
There really is no conspiracy here. OPEC controls prices of oil with their production. Events such as weather and disasters can short term affect prices...but it’s production or the most art. Right now Saudi Arabia and Iran want higher prices so they have reduced their production quotas. This and the domestic refinery problems raised oil prices here 20% over night a couple of weeks ago.
And I bet there was plenty of media fact checking at that time...

Like trying to overthrow the government? Interfere with the orderly and constitutional transfer of governmental power? Like compromising national “secrets”? These are ALL things the last occupant of the WH did!
but trummmmmmmp

So why does the media fact check that the president doesn't have anything to do with rising prices, but they're no where to be found fact checking when POTUS takes credit for them coming down?

It has nothing to do with the fact prices are high worldwide. imagine that.
So, the petroleum industry is pricing gasoline on factors outside of the control of the President. Hmm.

Reactions: cigaretteman
But Biden is responsible for the current conflict between Arabs and Israelis according to the usual suspects and new trolls.

Just disregard the hundreds of years of conflict between the parties because this one is on Biden I’m told.

It has nothing to do with the fact prices are high worldwide. imagine that.
So, the petroleum industry is pricing gasoline on factors outside of the control of the President. Hmm.
That doesn't bother me, prices are what they are, what bothers me is the fact checking saying presidents don't control gas prices when they go up, like they're protecting Joe. But when they come down 4 cents and Joe is out there touting the success, the media is dead silent on their fact checking about how the president doesn't impact gas prices.

That doesn't bother me, prices are what they are, what bothers me is the fact checking saying presidents don't control gas prices when they go up, like they're protecting Joe. But when they come down 4 cents and Joe is out there touting the success, the media is dead silent on their fact checking about how the president doesn't impact gas prices.

Conditions weren't such that it effected the Orange Turd but you are implying this media bias applies to Biden and would not for the Turd.

Is the media crediting the Administration or reporting drop in prices, and the Right is drawing these inferences.

If a decrease in energy prices is a major factor in reduction in inflation, this is news and must be reported.

Conditions weren't such that it effected the Orange Turd but you are implying this media bias applies to Biden and would not for the Turd.

Is the media crediting the Administration or reporting drop in prices, and the Right is drawing these inferences.

If a decrease in energy prices is a major factor in reduction in inflation, this is news and must be reported.
So just so I understand, Joe gets to take credit for lower inflation and reduced gas prices, but when not if gas prices go back up, he takes none of the blame, do I have that right?

So just so I understand, Joe gets to take credit for lower inflation and reduced gas prices, but when not if gas prices go back up, he takes none of the blame, do I have that right?

You are drawing the inference the administration is getting credit. Everyone knows energy prices are volatile and subject to industry manipulation. Politics uses positive news to their advantage. It's a game both sides play and always will. It's naive to think otherwise.

I don't think the Biden administration is over the top on this issue any more than conservatives are attacking it for it.

Bury the radical hatchet and get over the obsessing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT