ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football Playoffs - Who to start thread

Who would you start?

• Total voters
This. Rodgers is still an elite QB talent. Even against the Bears, he's the safest bet.
Agree on safest and obviously most talented.. buuut dude has been very fantasy average this year. Barely cracked 20 pts in the last 7 weeks

That seems like a lot of QBs to carry, especially with having Rodgers. Is it a deep league, and if so, do you start 2 QBs?

That seems like a lot of QBs to carry, especially with having Rodgers. Is it a deep league, and if so, do you start 2 QBs?
Nah Its a normal 12 team league (1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, flex) and 5 bench spots.. but only 2 weeks left so not worried about the other depth as starters are pretty much assumed

Agree on safest and obviously most talented.. buuut dude has been very fantasy average this year. Barely cracked 20 pts in the last 7 weeks

I get that, but look at the rest of the assorted crap available as options. If this were like a daily league and there were other top-level QBs, I'd go away from Rodgers for sure......but I can't lose a fantasy playoff matchup with Rodgers on my bench because I got cute and went with Mariota, Carr or Mayfield.

I get that, but look at the rest of the assorted crap available as options. If this were like a daily league and there were other top-level QBs, I'd go away from Rodgers for sure......but I can't lose a fantasy playoff matchup with Rodgers on my bench because I got cute and went with Mariota, Carr or Mayfield.
Yea, pretty much where I'm at. If mayfield was at home, may be a different story

There is a difference between elite talent and elite fantasy quarterback. Where is Rodgers ranked in fantasy points this season ?

I don't disagree with you, but we're talking about Carr, Mariota and Mayfield. Maybe Mayfield at home. Maybe Carr against a terrible D. If we were talking Rodgers vs. Wentz or Cousins or Big Ben...maybe we'd have a different discussion.

I don't disagree with you, but we're talking about Carr, Mariota and Mayfield. Maybe Mayfield at home. Maybe Carr against a terrible D. If we were talking Rodgers vs. Wentz or Cousins or Big Ben...maybe we'd have a different discussion.
What about Dak? That is an option I am looking at over Rodgers. I think Allen will score more than Rodgers but don't know if I could pull trigger on that

Rodgers just has nowhere near the weapons he has had previously. Not many qbs could do much with one great receiver and the rest garbage

What about Dak? That is an option I am looking at over Rodgers. I think Allen will score more than Rodgers but don't know if I could pull trigger on that

Rodgers just has nowhere near the weapons he has had previously. Not many qbs could do much with one great receiver and the rest garbage

Show me a league that has Dak as a waiver wire/free agent alternative to Rodgers in the first round of the playoffs and I'll show you a league not worth winning.

But yes, if I had Dak as an option to Rodgers this week....sure. But who has that option???

And Josh Allen??? Seriously? If you forced me to pick any of the non-Dak options mentioned in this thread, I'd probably go Carr....but I would refuse to lose a playoff game with Rodgers on my bench while I started Josh Allen.

Reactions: Bro D
Show me a league that has Dak as a waiver wire/free agent alternative to Rodgers in the first round of the playoffs and I'll show you a league not worth winning.

But yes, if I had Dak as an option to Rodgers this week....sure. But who has that option???
it pays cash, so it is worth winning to me. I believe I have that option. Won't know til after Waivers. Dropping Jamais as his two matchups for playoffs are brutal

it pays cash, so it is worth winning to me. I believe I have that option. Won't know til after Waivers. Dropping Jamais as his two matchups for playoffs are brutal

So you play in a league where Dak is available in week 15???? Is this a 6-team league?

And Josh Allen??? Seriously? If you forced me to pick any of the non-Dak options mentioned in this thread, I'd probably go Carr....but I would refuse to lose a playoff game with Rodgers on my bench while I started Josh Allen.

Josh Allen has 99, 135, and 101 rushing yards in his last 3 games. That's the equivalent of 8 TD passes alone. That being said, I don't disagree with you. I've already lost a championship game in a high stakes league by going with Goff over Winston and Wilson, and not even second guessing myself. Even though it cost me $1000 and a chance to move on to the big money round.

I heard a podcast before the season started discussing traits of teams that perform best. One of the biggest stats was that the top teams don’t draft of roster a backup QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT