ADVERTISEMENT

Fardaws Aimaq Visit

hawktech

HR All-State
Aug 6, 2002
When is Fardaws expected to visit IC? This weekend with the spring game would be a good time. Seeing the fan support would not hurt. Plus it is supposed to be a nice weekend, finally.

Cannot understate how much of a good fit Aimaq would be to this team. Talk about the magic piece to the puzzle!!

Iowa will still be good with or without him. But we would be Top 3 in the B1G, and Top 15 nationally preseason, if Fran can get him on campus. 🤞🤞🤞

I have no legit information.....but my wild guess is that he is playing out the NBA evaluation stuff first and then going to visit....maybe this is one of those where if we just wait long enough and he decides to out the NBA off for another year, we then have a good shot?

Reactions: BirdistheWord
I have no legit information.....but my wild guess is that he is playing out the NBA evaluation stuff first and then going to visit....maybe this is one of those where if we just wait long enough and he decides to out the NBA off for another year, we then have a good shot?
It has occurred to me that the school that can say, "take all the time you need, we will have a spot for you," could have an advantage over the team that says, "we need an answer soon, so we can consider our other options."

I'm not sure which of those Iowa would be.

The only OV he's done is to UW in Seattle. I had read that he had a visit set up with Tex Tech as well, but snooping I have not came up with a date or even if that has actually been set up.

As others have said, this will be a drawn out process as he is scheduling visits around his NBA workouts. He still has a month and a half before he even needs to decide whether he's playing in college next year (June 1). I'd imagine that if Gonzaga is a player, he'd want to know Timme's decision prior to committing as well.

To sum, yeah this one is going to be a long, drawn out process.

Reactions: perryhawk
It has occurred to me that the school that can say, "take all the time you need, we will have a spot for you," could have an advantage over the team that says, "we need an answer soon, so we can consider our other options."

With 3 open scholarships, I'd think Iowa would be in the "Take all the time you need" camp.

We are on the desperate side of that equation. I dont think we are in a position to maybe land him after his NBA courtship, we need to land a longer, more active 5 who can block shots soon.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
We are on the desperate side of that equation. I dont think we are in a position to maybe land him after his NBA courtship, we need to land a longer, more active 5 who can block shots soon.
Kris can block shots and rebound, as can Rebraca. Iowa is pretty much in the same boat as last year, except the guards should be better rebounders. What Iowa lacks and lacked this past season was a big inside presence, someone who can battle with the big centers in the league (Dickinson, the Purdue Two, Cockburn, etc. Can Mulvey do that? I kinda doubt it, but who knows? In any case, someone like Aimaq would be absolutely perfect.

Reactions: VodkaSam
The only OV he's done is to UW in Seattle. I had read that he had a visit set up with Tex Tech as well, but snooping I have not came up with a date or even if that has actually been set up.

As others have said, this will be a drawn out process as he is scheduling visits around his NBA workouts. He still has a month and a half before he even needs to decide whether he's playing in college next year (June 1). I'd imagine that if Gonzaga is a player, he'd want to know Timme's decision prior to committing as well.

To sum, yeah this one is going to be a long, drawn out process.
I'd be betting he goes to Gonzaga. Better chances at final 4

I honestly think it’s Iowa, Washington, or the NBA. Just way too much competition at the other schools. His focus is being a first round draft pick and that’s not happening unless he puts up big numbers in a legitimate conference.

the National tv + Garza/Cook/Weezy/Murray factor just might be able to trump the benefits Washington offers (close to family)?

Isn’t Texas in his final 5? If he wants new and shiny the Longhorns open their new $350 million basketball arena today.

Last edited:
Didn't Timme declare for the draft?
Yes, but didn't hire an agent and all reports are that he's likely to return. Also an interesting tidbit: Efton Reid the 7' center transfer from LSU has been on Gonzaga's campus the past couple days for a visit, reportedly.

Kris can block shots and rebound, as can Rebraca. Iowa is pretty much in the same boat as last year, except the guards should be better rebounders. What Iowa lacks and lacked this past season was a big inside presence, someone who can battle with the big centers in the league (Dickinson, the Purdue Two, Cockburn, etc. Can Mulvey do that? I kinda doubt it, but who knows? In any case, someone like Aimaq would be absolutely perfect.
I stated we need a "longer, more active 5" who can also block shots. Expecting Kris the be the rim protector is not a great strategy. But the bigger point of my post is that we MUST add someone via the portal.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Yes, but didn't hire an agent and all reports are that he's likely to return. Also an interesting tidbit: Efton Reid the 7' center transfer from LSU has been on Gonzaga's campus the past couple days for a visit, reportedly.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

He IS NOT COMING TO IOWA.

Pipe dreams are cool. But the thing people fail to tell you about a pipe dream: its a dream. It is a figment of your imagination.

Reactions: hawkland14
Stats are impressive, especially rebounding, and he certainly sounds like exactly what the Hawks need. Without someone like him, I believe the Hawks are going to need a huge step forward from Mulvey to be a top 4 B1G team. Even then, they would be thin on depth inside. Assuming Kris returns, is it a certainty that Fardaws would beat out Rebraca as the starter? I would guess that he would start, and Rebraca would be the first big off the bench at either 4 or 5. I would love to see Fran bring in Fardaws, but he hasn't been playing against top competition, and some may be expecting a little more than he can deliver.

As each day goes by that we don't have a visit scheduled for Aimaq, the less confident I get that Iowa is a strong contender for his services.

he's not currently taking visits as he is focused on preparing for the NBA Draft workouts. NBA is his top priority at moment, he'll work visits in when he can as he travels for workouts.

So don't read too much into him not visiting yet.... it's always been the case it would be later / than sooner. Also why Iowa coaches went out to see him.

Reactions: perryhawk

Bain is saying that Aimaq is finalizing an official date for a visit. Also he has only taken one visit so far and that's to Washington. He hasn't finalized a date for a visit with any of the other 4 schools. As other's have said, he is scheduling everything around his NBA workouts so this will be a lengthy process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT