ADVERTISEMENT

Farmer Clone

Originally posted by srams21:
Originally posted by FarmerClone:
The Big 12 was a bunch of mediocre teams. Kansas was honestly one of the worst power five conference champs in recent memory. They got smoked by Wichita State in the second round and ended up with nine losses. I watched KU play several times this year and they were not very good.

Then, you have Oklahoma who somehow gets a three seed despite TEN losses? Yet Michigan State gets a SEVEN seed with a very similar record. It's okay though because they got to play and see who was actually better.

The Big 12 needs to learn how to play defense. They don't play it in any sport apparently. Overrated conference again and again.
KU beat Utah (Pac 12 #2) on a semi-neutral floor, Georgetown (Big East #2) at Georgetown and beat Michigan State on a neutral floor. They are not even close to the best KU team we have seen recently, but they beat some of the best teams from other leagues this year.
Kansas would get smoked by any elite team. Like Kentucky, Wisconsin, Duke, Notre Dame, and on and on. I bet the Badgers would beat KU by twenty plus.
Did you miss where they beat Michigan State? Or are they not elite?

The Big 12 was a bunch of mediocre teams. Kansas was honestly one of the worst power five conference champs in recent memory. They got smoked by Wichita State in the second round and ended up with nine losses. I watched KU play several times this year and they were not very good.

Then, you have Oklahoma who somehow gets a three seed despite TEN losses? Yet Michigan State gets a SEVEN seed with a very similar record. It's okay though because they got to play and see who was actually better.

The Big 12 needs to learn how to play defense. They don't play it in any sport apparently. Overrated conference again and again.
KU beat Utah (Pac 12 #2) on a semi-neutral floor, Georgetown (Big East #2) at Georgetown and beat Michigan State on a neutral floor. They are not even close to the best KU team we have seen recently, but they beat some of the best teams from other leagues this year.
Kansas would get smoked by any elite team. Like Kentucky, Wisconsin, Duke, Notre Dame, and on and on. I bet the Badgers would beat KU by twenty plus.

I have no idea what would happen now but I don't think I'd hang my hat on something that happened 4 months ago.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I did not. But it was December. Did you miss where Kansas ONCE again lost early in the tourney (like every Big 12 team) and MSU made the final four?

I still think the Big 12 was solid but seriously Clone fans are being ridiculous. Your conference got taken to the woodshed AGAIN when it mattered the most. It's not a fluke. Your not the best conference. Big Paper Tigers.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

KU beat Utah (Pac 12 #2) on a semi-neutral floor, Georgetown (Big East #2) at Georgetown and beat Michigan State on a neutral floor.  They are not even close to the best KU team we have seen recently, but they beat some of the best teams from other leagues this year.
Farmer, you forget where you're posting. The rules here are that actual game outcomes don't matter, but results against different teams do. 
Does it ever get old giving him the reach-a-round? When he's talking about conference champs, from power five conferences, perhaps he's referring more to the Virginia's, Wisconsin's, Kentucky's, Arizona, nova, and dukes of the world. Listing some victories against a bunch of teams that aren't those, makes no sense. The actual game outcomes, were that the big 12 sucked in the tourney, while the big ten performed better once again.

Farmer, you forget where you're posting. The rules here are that actual game outcomes don't matter, but results against different teams do.
How did Kansas do against Wichita State? How about last year vs Stanford?

Maybe, if those wins you mentioned are so impressive, Big 12 teams should learn that March wins are better than December wins. But, that's just like my opinion, man.

So it is settled. The Texas Ten can win in December but not March.

Maybe they should just claim superiority and turn down all tourney bids going forward. It may be the only way they can avoid losing so many tourney games.

Congrats, Farmer. You're a bigger star on here than any Hawk fan. Like having your own show. Don't worry, if you didn't have valid points they wouldn't give you so much attention. B1G, Big 12, what's the point? We have to admit, Wisc. and MSU very good--Izzo especially at NCAA time. But, frankly, what does that have to do with Iowa? Most Hawk fans harp on here all season long how they hate MSU and Wsc. But somehow, at end of year and when it's convenient, they want to hop on their coattails. For what? It's no credit to Iowa that those teams are good. Iowa doesn't have much in common with them. Actually, ISU has more in common with Wisc. and MSU -- they all three punked the Hawks. (Texas, from the Big 12, also did). So, let's not get too cocky living vicariously through two teams in the B1G who are actually good. Has nothing to do with Hawks. Maybe next season Hawks will be up there with them or beat ISU. Then go ahead and strut your stuff a little. But until that happens, probably should take Doug Heffernan's advice and just shutty.

This post was edited on 3/29 8:00 PM by disgrig

100: Wisc and MSU didn't play UAB, so I guess we don't know. What we do know about is a game where the score was 90-75. But if you want to carry on with your comparison theory rather than actual games, let's entertain your line of thought for a moment. I think you (or maybe it was another) guessed that Kentucky would beat UAB by 60. Probably way off, but we'll go along for the moment. So, that means KY would beat ISU by 61, right? (UAB beat ISU by 1) Probably not, but we'll play along with your hypothesis. So, KY would beat Iowa by 76, right? (60 + 1 + the 15 ISU beat Iowa by). And, just for fun of it, that means if KY played Davidson, it should be by 107, o.k.? (yep, 60 + 1 + 15 + 31) I guess I could imagine some scores like that, since you suggested it. Maybe,
KY 110 UAB 50
KY 110 ISU 49
KY 110 IA 34
KY 110 Dav. 3

Gee, that last game would be a fun one to watch.
Listen up, Grasshoppa. Never start going down a road when you don't know where you'll end up.

"You moved too soon. The second rule in a crisis situation. If you choose to bluff, you must be prepared to have your bluff called..."
Julius Benedict (Arnold Schwarzenegger) in "Twins."

When Wisky and MSU lose to UAB is the starting point for when we can compare isu to them. Well that and Elite 8 and Final Four appearences of course.

Let us know when this takes place.

My apologies, Wood. They asked for it, and it was just too easy.
I'll stop. (But just one more--Duke is apparently 33 better than the Hawks)
I'll stop now.

Originally posted by disgrig:
My apologies, Wood. They asked for it, and it was just too easy.

I'll stop. (But just one more--Duke is apparently 33 better than the Hawks)

I'll stop now.

You should.

Originally posted by disgrig:
Congrats, Farmer. You're a bigger star on here than any Hawk fan. Like having your own show. Don't worry, if you didn't have valid points they wouldn't give you so much attention. B1G, Big 12, what's the point? We have to admit, Wisc. and MSU very good--Izzo especially at NCAA time. But, frankly, what does that have to do with Iowa? Most Hawk fans harp on here all season long how they hate MSU and Wsc. But somehow, at end of year and when it's convenient, they want to hop on their coattails. For what? It's no credit to Iowa that those teams are good. Iowa doesn't have much in common with them. Actually, ISU has more in common with Wisc. and MSU -- they all three punked the Hawks. (Texas, from the Big 12, also did). So, let's not get too cocky living vicariously through two teams in the B1G who are actually good. Has nothing to do with Hawks. Maybe next season Hawks will be up there with them or beat ISU. Then go ahead and strut your stuff a little. But until that happens, probably should take Doug Heffernan's advice and just shutty.

This post was edited on 3/29 8:00 PM by disgrig
You don't understand for other B1G teams taking pride in the success of their conference? I always pull for B1G teams in the Tournament and bowl games. That's pretty normal for B1G teams and I think that is pretty normal for all school's fans.

Yes, I understand that, BG. You're right. It's just being a bit overdone when you equate two good teams in a conference to being the best conference top to bottom. Probably not a valid conclusion. But I definitely understand where you're coming from.

The Big Ten by in large played at or above their seeds. The Texas Ten had one team play to its seed. Really hard to argue the Texas Ten is the best based on that. So the Texas Ten under performed at the top and in the middle.

Same as most years.

And you forget when you're posting. Reggie Jackson is known as Mr. October not Mr. April. Texas Southern, a 15th seed in the NCAA tournament, beat MSU in December, not in the first round in March. Actual game outcomes do matter - in March.

This post was edited on 3/30 8:53 AM by SoMplsHawkI

Originally posted by SoMplsHawkI:

And you forget
when you're posting. Reggie Jackson is known as Mr. October not Mr. April. Texas Southern, a 15th seed in the NCAA tournament, beat MSU in December, not in the first round in March. Actual game outcome do matter - in March.

Exactly. November and December games mean something, they start positioning teams and affecting their chances for what the season is all about.

Good lord hawk fans are getting off to the success of MSU and Wisconsin.

niangkiss.jpg

So besides Michigan State (who is already known for being a great tourney team), how exactly was the Big 10 so above and beyond their seeds?

Wisconsin played to their seed. Maryland did not play to their seed. Indiana and Purdue got bounced. Ohio State beat mighty VCU (without their best player). Iowa played to their seed.

Originally posted by Isitfootballseason?:
So besides Michigan State (who is already known for being a great tourney team), how exactly was the Big 10 so above and beyond their seeds?

Wisconsin played to their seed. Maryland did not play to their seed. Indiana and Purdue got bounced. Ohio State beat mighty VCU (without their best player). Iowa played to their seed.
Better than having almost every team getting bounced by a lower seed. Do you know how many 3 seeds have lost to 14 seeds in tournament history? Your great conference had TWO 3 seeds lose in ONE tournament. Then, your champ (KU) lost to a 7 seed by double digits. You also had a three seed (OU) lose to a seven seed. Heck, Kentucky beat West VA and Kansas by a combined 74 points!!!!!!

And, don't give me non-conference crap. Baylor's best non-conference win including postseason was against Tex A&M. They didn't make the tourney. Baylor also lost to Illinois who finished 8th in the Big Ten. Oklahoma lost to a 19 loss Creighton team.

What is the best out of conference win by a Big 12 team? I will let even let you use the NCAA tourney, but caution. There weren't many impressive wins there. But, hey, you guys played hard against GA st and UAB. So, there's that.

If the Texas Ten is so mighty why didn't any perform above their seed and many failed misserably? Because that must be ignored in order for the "best conference in the counrty" argument to hold water for clown fans.

Hey Is It, how is that whole "isu will OWN the present" working out? Hilarious.

Originally posted by Wood4Hawks:

Exactly. November and December games mean something, they start positioning teams and affecting their chances for what the season is all about.
This is exactly true. We have seen a lot of talk in this thread about Big Ten being over ranked and Big Ten being under ranked. How could that have happened? Michigan State lost to every top 120 team they played in the non-conference including a loss at home to Texas Southern. You can say that was four months ago, and yes, it was, but it is still part of this season and a huge part of why they were a 7 seed. Their run as of late is another amazing coaching job by a future Hall of Famer. But they were seeded where they were for a reason. As were nearly every other team from either league.

Farmer,

According to clown fans all that mattered last year was the NCAA tourney. isu was "elite" because of a sweet 16 appearence and a loss to UConn.

This year the tourney is to be ignored due to isu and the rest of Texas Ten peeing down their leg. Will we have to wait until the second weekend of the tournament next year for clown fans to tell us what matters?

Why would anyone laugh at that?

Going off the success of MSU and Wisky... Your combined 3 game point deficit is 57 points.

But whatever makes you feel better.

How bad does it suck for clown fans that their beloved Directors Cup will say Iowa had a better MBB team than isu? Probably bad enough that clown fans will say the Directors Cup magically doesn't matter this year. Well it doesn't matter until clown fans say it matters of course. Then they will be back to their douchey selves again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT