ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Farniok enjoys Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Farniok enjoys Iowa visit

http://rvls.co/Farniok2

---

The Iowa coaching staff has been recruiting
Matt Farniok for more than two years, ever since they offered him a scholarship during his sophomore year at Sioux Falls Washington High School. This weekend, the Hawkeyes finally hosted the big 6-foot-5, 319-pound offensive lineman on campus for his official visit, which went well according to the South Dakota native.

“The visit was really good,” said Farniok. “It was cool to see the town and meet more of the players and the recruits in my class.”

Farniok’s host for the weekend was freshman offensive lineman Landan Paulsen. Along with spending time with the players and recruits at Iowa, the three-star prospect also had a chance to catch up with the Hawkeye coaching staff during his time on campus.

“I met with Coach Kirk Ferentz, Coach Brian Ferentz, and Coach Morgan,” Farniok said. “I really enjoyed it.”

The trip to Iowa was the last of three official visits on the schedule for Farniok after earlier dates at Nebraska and Michigan State. Now, the hard part begins as he has to narrow things down and make a decision among his three finalists before National Signing Day on February 3.

“I’m just going to have to sit down and figure it out,” said Farniok.

As a senior, Farniok led Sioux Falls Washington to a state championship in South Dakota’s largest class.

See highlights from his performance in the state title game in the video below.

Reactions: HawkFan59
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News