ADVERTISEMENT

Fascism Forever

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
The name of the club founded by Gorsuch at his Jesuit high school... He was president until graduation.

http://www.joemygod.com/2017/02/02/...nded-fascism-forever-club-jesuit-prep-school/
The Daily Mail reports:

Supreme Court Justice nominee Neil Gorsuch founded and led a student group called the ‘Fascism Forever Club’ at his elite high school, DailyMail.com can reveal. The club was set up to rally against the ‘left-wing tendencies’ of his professors while attending a Jesuit all-boys preparatory high school near Washington D.C.

The name may be inconvenient for a Supreme Court nominee facing a tough confirmation battle. However it also shows the depth of Gorscuch’s right-wing credentials – and his penchant for mischief while attending his exclusive prep school in the 1980s.

President Donald Trump nominated Gorsuch, a 49-year-old U.S. appellate judge, to replace the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Tuesday. Gorsuch founded the ‘Fascism Forever Club’ during his freshman year at Georgetown Preparatory, a now-$30,000-a-year private Jesuit school that is one of the most selective in the United States. He served as president until he graduated in 1985, according to his senior yearbook.

The Jesuits ran the school and it was full of left wing profs?

Either way one hopes he won't be judged based on stupid stuff he did in high school.

Honestly IMO unless it's a freaking felony nothing before his law career got started should come up.

Reactions: NoleATL
The name of the club founded by Gorsuch at his Jesuit high school... He was president until graduation.

http://www.joemygod.com/2017/02/02/...nded-fascism-forever-club-jesuit-prep-school/
The Daily Mail reports:

Supreme Court Justice nominee Neil Gorsuch founded and led a student group called the ‘Fascism Forever Club’ at his elite high school, DailyMail.com can reveal. The club was set up to rally against the ‘left-wing tendencies’ of his professors while attending a Jesuit all-boys preparatory high school near Washington D.C.

The name may be inconvenient for a Supreme Court nominee facing a tough confirmation battle. However it also shows the depth of Gorscuch’s right-wing credentials – and his penchant for mischief while attending his exclusive prep school in the 1980s.

President Donald Trump nominated Gorsuch, a 49-year-old U.S. appellate judge, to replace the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Tuesday. Gorsuch founded the ‘Fascism Forever Club’ during his freshman year at Georgetown Preparatory, a now-$30,000-a-year private Jesuit school that is one of the most selective in the United States. He served as president until he graduated in 1985, according to his senior yearbook.
I have not found that web site overly credible. It probably makes special sense to find the same information elsewhere before treating it as Gospel.

Saw photos of the yearbook this am, so it's likely true. But as the poster above said, it was in HS so meh. All it shows is that he was one of those douchy political types in HS.

I'm impressed that a high school student can spell fascism.

I have not found that web site overly credible. It probably makes special sense to find the same information elsewhere before treating it as Gospel.

After 8 years of suffering through anybody farting something onto the internet and it became the stone cold truth about Obama I really don't give a shit about the credibility of sources when it comes to people on Team Trump. Ok, I do, but this is pretty dumb and ripe for making fun of so I'm going to let it go.

Some of the crap going in since trump came along is high larious

OiT, I love you man, but why is it that you believed every single negative news item about Obama, but you're suddenly suspicious of "fake news" when it's Trump? I mean, there's some absolutely awesome conspiracy theories out there about the Donald that seem like they'd be right up your alley, but you seem to take everything that Trump says as gospel. I just think it's weird.

Reactions: Raglefant
OiT, I love you man, but why is it that you believed every single negative news item about Obama, but you're suddenly suspicious of "fake news" when it's Trump? I mean, there's some absolutely awesome conspiracy theories out there about the Donald that seem like they'd be right up your alley, but you seem to take everything that Trump says as gospel. I just think it's weird.
It's a bit hard to figure out, but I have a theory.

Accusation against his team = fake.
Accusation against other team = true.

Always.

Reactions: Ollie4ISU
They were not true in regards to Obama, but, they are true when it comes to Trump?

If this becomes the norm, then the US will have zero viable judges or presidential candidates in about 20 years....

I don't think that's entirely true, there where always some people who where extremely well behaved even as teenagers.

However it would drastically reduce them and perhaps cause us to pass up someone who might right now be more qualified for someone who just did less stupid stuff when they where 16.

However it is a worthwhile concern since today's teens and young adults have a lot of their stupid stuff posted on the internet which never forgets.

Ultimately though I'm actually rather encouraged because I feel like although the news media digs this stuff up and reports it, I don't feel like voters actually judge people based off the stupidest stuff they have ever done.

Although ultimately I think more and more people trying to obtain a high office have to have a certain degree of comfort with everyone knowing about all of their mistakes in life.

My first thought is he will fit in nicely with trump, bannon, secy of state guy and putin.

Ultimately though I'm actually rather encouraged because I feel like although the news media digs this stuff up and reports it, I don't feel like voters actually judge people based off the stupidest stuff they have ever done.
One would hope not, when you're talking about 40-50 year olds....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT