ADVERTISEMENT

****Favorite all-time Nebraska Cornhuskers****

MeetTheFerentz

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2006
Uh, oh. I've been dreading this one, but our friends to the West are next on the list.

Please try to keep this thread positive. Think of it as a celebration of our college football memories. If you simply have nothing good to say, I kindly ask that you not participate. Any shots taken at Husker Nation will certainly be countered by the lingering trolls, and I really don't want this thread to be yet another spit-balling sh*t-show.

If you've got some favorite Husker football players, perhaps from their pre-B1G glory days, that you'd like to recognize, please feel free to do it here without retribution. Or perhaps there's an athlete from another sport or a celebrity alum. Let's put the hate aside for the sake of keeping this string of threads honorable.

I'll start:

Neil Smith
Classic case of hating a player on a rival team (Chiefs), but loving him on your team (Broncos)

Reactions: Galenahawk
does-not-compute-frlsoi.jpg

Trev Alberts always seemed to like us during his time as a commentator. Does that count?

I worked the door at an Omaha bar back in 2003 and Eric Crouch and Matt Davison would come in every Thursday night. Crouch was actually a pretty nice dude. I teased him about Nebraska vs. Iowa every now and then. “You’re lucky that wasn’t Bob Sanders you trucked in ‘99.” I talked him into teaching me how to perfectly pitch the option. (You want the fingers on the laces and it’s a flick of the wrist - that’s made me exactly zero money to this day). So he was a good sport.

Also when I was a student at UNL in the fall of 2001, this quiet, scrawny, but really nice kid named Mike would come to house parties at my place and one time he told me he was on the football team. I looked at him and said “me too” and chugged a beer. Turns out he actually was. He was Mike Stuntz and he threw the TD pass to Crouch against OU that year that basically made Crouch a lock for the Heisman.

Last edited:
Pat Tyrance although I'm biased as we went to high school together. Incredible LB that was drafted by the Rams but shunned the NFL for Harvard Med school. I had completely lost touch with him until I walked into my uncles hospital room post surgery and there was my old friend playing doctor.

Reactions: loper
Nile Kinnick attended high school in Omaha and was first team all state in football and basketball.

Does that count?

Reactions: amahawk
Grant Wistrom, Ahman Green, Jay Foreman, Mike Rucker, Jared Tomich, Aaron Graham Jason Peter, Mike Brown, Ralph Brown, Bobby Necombe Eric Crouch, Adam Carriker, Rex Burkhead, Suh, Jared Crick, LaVonte David, Prince, Kenny Bell

Ohhh Scott Frost

I worked the door at an Omaha bar back in 2003 and Eric Crouch and Matt Davison would come in every Thursday night. Crouch was actually a pretty nice dude. I teased him about Nebraska vs. Iowa every now and then. “You’re lucky that wasn’t Bob Sanders you trucked in ‘99.” I talked him into teaching me how to perfectly pitch the option. (You want the fingers on the laces and it’s a flick of the wrist - that’s made me exactly zero money to this day). So he was a good sport.

Also when I was a student at UNL in the fall of 2001, this quiet, scrawny, but really nice kid named Mike would come to house parties at my place and one time he told me he was on the football team. I looked at him and said “me too” and chugged a beer. Turns out he actually was. He was Mike Stuntz and he threw the TD pass to Crouch against OU that year that basically made Crouch a lock for the Heisman.
mother..f.cker.....we went to the same school

I was a Colts fan before I moved to Chicago. DE John Dutton was a Husker in college and one of the best defensive ends in the NFL during his time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT