ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Iowa State win (Ferentz era)

Favorite Iowa State win (Ferentz era)

• 2013- W 27-21: Weisman runs for 145 yards. Rudock two TD’s. Lowery circus int.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2015- W 31-17: CJ two 3rd down long runs and throws 3 TD passes.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • 2016- W 42-3: Hawks crush Clowns. CJ passes for 235 yds and 3 TD’s. Vandenburg proposes after game

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • 2017- W 44-41: Wadley scores crucial 4th Qtr TD. Hesse key interception. Stanley to ISM for win OT

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • 2019- W 18-17: Storm delay. ISU hits flea flicker. Clown blocks IA player into punt returner.

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • 2021- W 27-17: Hawks pick off Purdy three times. Jack Campbell scoop and score.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • 2023- W 20-13: McNamara’s first ISU win. Castro pick six. Evans comes up big at end.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Them going full Ronnie Lott on their own punt returner should be the only choice on the list.

iowa-state-fumble.gif

1. 21’ only ranked meeting and we crushed their fans dreams in week 2 who thought they were a dark horse for the playoffs.
2. 17’ arguably most entertaining game. Last 10+ plus OT was an emotional roller coaster.
3. 03’ my first and only visit to Jack Trice. Day we restored order in the state and haven’t looked back.

My favorite of the KF era is his first over ISU in 2003, but among those on the list I'll go with 2021 because of the ISU hype going in. The 2017 game was also satisfying because it was a big comeback with some new heroes (Stanley and ISM).
The best part of the 2003 win was that the clowns didn’t learn from the first blocked punt so we did it again.

Hey clown fans, still wonder why you are laughed at and not taken seriously?

My favorite of the KF era is his first over ISU in 2003, but among those on the list I'll go with 2021 because of the ISU hype going in. The 2017 game was also satisfying because it was a big comeback with some new heroes (Stanley and ISM).
The first was going to be mine as well. losing 5 in a row after winning 15 straight was a bit rough.

The first was going to be mine as well. losing 5 in a row after winning 15 straight was a bit rough.
That 02 loss still haunts my soul. I’ll never forget the joy I felt at halftime and then the complete agony I felt at the end.
On a positive note, I moved a praying mantis I found in the stadium outside to a bush, hopefully it didn’t get trampled.
Every ISU win is my favorite.

Yeah, I picked 2015 with CJ emerging as the man. Almost single handedly won that game in Lames. But upon further review it was the 2021 game that I should have picked. Moo U. with almost everyone back from their fluke covid year, all the rubes talking shit about this being their year. Aston Kutcher on Game Day picking Iowa. Then the Hawks destroying them on the field. That was fun.

That 02 loss still haunts my soul. I’ll never forget the joy I felt at halftime and then the complete agony I felt at the end.
On a positive note, I moved a praying mantis I found in the stadium outside to a bush, hopefully it didn’t get trampled.
Every ISU win is my favorite.
Yeah that one was really tough. I was at a bachelor party for an Iowa state grad with a bunch of his buddies. Talk about a swing of two halves.

There is no more ISU play than this...

Might wanna change your wording on this one. Clown player ran into his own guy
It is not my favorite win, but I never get tired watching this play. It makes me laugh every time. I remember when it happened - I was convinced that Roberts had run into the guy because there was just no way ISU could have done that to themselves.

New OC. Healthy Cade and Lachey and an offensive line that dang well better look more veteran. I think we are loaded at RB and with their experience.
We will be better, how much remains to be seen. I’ve been watching some early season highlights from last year. Cade wasn’t terribly impressive. WR is still a big question mark as is the OL.
Fingers crossed.

We will be better, how much remains to be seen. I’ve been watching some early season highlights from last year. Cade wasn’t terribly impressive. WR is still a big question mark as is the OL.
Fingers crossed.
Cade was hindered by that leg. He was not right since mid-August in camp. And we saw what was behind him on the bench as to why they kept putting Cade out there at less than 100%.

2006, anyone??

If we lose that game then the pollard statement of this is a cyclone state wouldnt of been so hilarious, and we wouldn't of hosted college gameday vs Ohio State
2006 was a fun one. I was in law school at Michigan State and got a room full of Spartans cheering for Iowa by game's end.

Athlon Sports anonymous Big 12 coaches on Iowa State for this season:

Iowa State​

“This will be a really telling season for Matt Campbell. Can he rebuild that program in the portal and NIL era? A few years ago, it seemed like his name was out there for every job, and then they fell back to earth."

"They didn’t show anything from the new offense in the spring, but I don’t think it’s going to be a huge departure. That’s why you make an internal promotion."

"Their issues are talent-based, not scheme, not culture. They don’t have the guys they need year in and out. Are they going to change and adapt to the transfer world? Can you still win a league like ours just relying on the recruit-and-develop system? They added a few pieces this year, so maybe they’re changing up.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT