ADVERTISEMENT

Fb Iowa wrestling groups

Muscles1989

HR All-American
Jan 10, 2005
Reading through comments made on Hawkeyes wrestling pages it is clear there are so many fans that are content with where the program is. When did the mindset change to “it’s okay the team tries hard” or “it’s a young team”

Where did the standards drop off at, was it Carl’s success or has it been a down slide that’s finally hit what seems like rock bottom for the once most feared program.

There are a lot of people in those groups who know nothing about Iowa wrestling, or its history. Quite a few know nothing about wrestling in general. They just know that Iowa wrestling is a Top 5 program, Something Iowa Football, or Men's Basketball will never be. They don't realize that 2nd place is losing.

Everyone I know who follows Iowa wrestling is pissed and ready for change. I've even had friends who turn wrestling on once a year reach out asking wtf is going on.

I think most Iowa fans are finally starting to wake up.

Reactions: wahlberg and el dub
Reading through comments made on Hawkeyes wrestling pages it is clear there are so many fans that are content with where the program is. When did the mindset change to “it’s okay the team tries hard” or “it’s a young team”

Where did the standards drop off at, was it Carl’s success or has it been a down slide that’s finally hit what seems like rock bottom for the once most feared program.
I wouldn’t put too much stock in the Facebook posters as those are usually people my mom’s age … “The boys sure tried hard” type of crowd….

By their very nature these groups attract the casual fan, a good share of whom couldn’t name more than 2 Iowa wrestlers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT