ADVERTISEMENT

Fears are growing in the USA. FBI warns of an attack

Is there any evidence of this? It seems to me most terrorist attacks are committed by people legally in the country either as a resident or on a visa or some sort.

This article suggests there isn't any connection.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7926034/

It seems to me if you run a terrorist organization the lowest cost option is to radicalize individuals already legally in the country. And if you invest in training people then you might as well invest in legal entry.

The border is the Right's battleground royale. So much so, you've seen the fierce fight they've taken to this "horrific problem" since taking the House. Fact is, they want it. They need it to fuel Fox viewer's ignorant minds.

Does this need to be spelled out here?

The claim is that "foreigners and illegals" sneaking into the country are a main threat of terrorism.
Someone posted that this is incorrect, it is American citizens (which is accurate).

I posted an American citizen who perpetuated one of the worst acts of terrorism in the past 50 years, who "would say that was bullshit" and it's "all foreigners" we need to worry about.

McVeigh didn't think he was, himself, a terrorist. Which is what the MAGA's think - they believe they are "fighting for our freedoms", because they are brainwashed zealots. Like McVeigh was.

Consistent with the post that it is "illegal immigrants" we need to most worry about.

And I'm not saying we cannot have "immigrants" who are risks (e.g. 9/11); but NONE of the 9/11 attackers "snuck over our border". They entered this country legally.

The border is the Right's battleground royale. So much so, you've seen the fierce fight they've taken to this "horrific problem" since taking the House. Fact is, they want it. They need it to fuel Fox viewer's ignorant minds.
Biden administration has been pretty obliging if that's the case.

The claim is that "foreigners and illegals" sneaking into the country are a main threat of terrorism.
Someone posted that this is incorrect, it is American citizens (which is accurate).

I posted an American citizen who perpetuated one of the worst acts of terrorism in the past 50 years, who "would say that was bullshit" and it's "all foreigners" we need to worry about.

McVeigh didn't think he was, himself, a terrorist. Which is what the MAGA's think - they believe they are "fighting for our freedoms", because they are brainwashed zealots. Like McVeigh was.

Consistent with the post that it is "illegal immigrants" we need to most worry about.

And I'm not saying we cannot have "immigrants" who are risks (e.g. 9/11); but NONE of the 9/11 attackers "snuck over our border". They entered this country legally.
I agree with all of this and you need to re-read what you responded to. The person you responded to said pretty much every attack in this country has either come from a resident or someone who was otherwise here legally.

I agree with all of this and you need to re-read what you responded to. The person you responded to said pretty much every attack in this country has either come from a resident or someone who was otherwise here legally.
Which is why I said "Timothy McVeigh" would disagree.

He WAS a domestic terrorist. And folks LIKE him will continue to claim "foreigners" are the threat here, when they are not.

Does sarcasm not work, anymore?

Reactions: IACub
Biden administration has been pretty obliging if that's the case.

And WTF does this have to do with the Right's 24/7 obsession, which was my point?

In context, it fills conservative airwaves, House committee meetings (with deliberate nonaction), House floor time, with no action (deliberate), Senate committee and floor time, and media interview time.

It is a fundraising trove.

It would be politically disastrous to solve the problem.

Which is why I said "Timothy McVeigh" would disagree.

He WAS a domestic terrorist. And folks LIKE him will continue to claim "foreigners" are the threat here, when they are not.

Does sarcasm not work, anymore?
I guess I get what you’re saying, but that’s a weird way to come at the argument. It certainly read like you were using McVeigh as a counter example, not McVeigh’s belief system.

And WTF does this have to do with the Right's 24/7 obsession, which was my point?

In context, it fills conservative airwaves, House committee meetings (with deliberate nonaction), House floor time, with no action (deliberate), Senate committee and floor time, and media interview time.

It is a fundraising trove.

It would be politically disastrous to solve the problem.
Fair enough.

It's also true that when orange man was president D's were pretty concerned about the border situation. Kids in cages and such...

That concern seems to have evaporated for some reason :) Funny how what these parties are concerned with changes depending on who controls the White House.

Last edited:

You quoted a post that agrees with your point and said it was bullshit. You misread.

Reactions: Finance85
The FBI can't be expected to find and thwart every possible threat. That's an absurd expectation.

It would be a lot easier for the FBI is millions of illegals weren't coming through the border each year.
It would also be easier if women's sports weren't filled with boys competing too, right?

Last edited:
Glad to hear that it would be impossible for terrorists to cross into the US via our southern border,.. I feel totally safe now..

Reactions: Finance85
I think it’s naive to dismiss any terror warnings and to be complacent.
But survey after survey over the last couple of years has shown that the American people have lost faith in federal agencies like the FBI so who deserves our trust to keep us safe?
And whose fault is that? Republicans themselves ding ding ding.

But in the past few years, the FBI’s reputation has cratered among Republicans. The most recent Pew numbers show that 53% of GOP voters now view the bureau unfavorably. Other polls show similar results.

At the heart of the decline are perceptions that the bureau has unfairly targeted Mr. Trump. Half of all GOP respondents to a Pennsylvania State University poll taken last November agreed with the statement “Many FBI agents do not enforce the law fairly, because they are biased against former President Trump and his agenda.”

But in the past few years, the FBI’s reputation has cratered among Republicans. The most recent Pew numbers show that 53% of GOP voters now view the bureau unfavorably. Other polls show similar results.

At the heart of the decline are perceptions that the bureau has unfairly targeted Mr. Trump. Half of all GOP respondents to a Pennsylvania State University poll taken last November agreed with the statement “Many FBI agents do not enforce the law fairly, because they are biased against former President Trump and his agenda.”

And why do they believe that, just because Trump what to believe.... it's not my fault Republicans are morons for believing him, I don't make the rules

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Fair enough.

It's also true that when orange man was president D's were pretty concerned about the border situation. Kids in cages and such...

That concern seems to have evaporated for some reason :) Funny how what these parties are concerned with changes depending on who controls the White House.

Kids in cages. Children separated taken their parents. Those were humanitarian issues. For god's sake.

Reactions: Joes Place
Whatever. You know you misread. Have a good day

Southern border. JFC. So, a terrorist group sophisticated enough to wreak havoc in the U.S. is stupid enough to go to Mexico, cross the border, either clandestinely, which is nearly logistically impossible, or by surface transportation, which exposes them to inspection.

Or, more logically, simply purchase materials here and do their maleficence. Or if they want to cross a border, CANADA. Or come from either ocean.

But, gotta keep it up with the Southern border bullshit.

Southern border. JFC. So, a terrorist group sophisticated enough to wreak havoc in the U.S. is stupid enough to go to Mexico, cross the border, either clandestinely, which is nearly logistically impossible, or by surface transportation, which exposes them to inspection.

Or, more logically, simply purchase materials here and do their maleficence. Or if they want to cross a border, CANADA. Or come from either ocean.

But, gotta keep it up with the Southern border bullshit.
You obviously have never been on the southern border. I was hunting down there once and looked at my GPS and realized I was in Mexico.

No fences, just miles of desert. It can be crossed by anyone with a canteen and a compass.

Our southern border maybe the easiest in the world to cross.

Kids in cages. Children separated taken their parents. Those were humanitarian issues. For god's sake.
I’d say record migrant deaths at the border would qualify as a “humanitarian” issue.

Oh….and there’s this.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
You obviously have never been on the southern border. I was hunting down there once and looked at my GPS and realized I was in Mexico.

No fences, just miles of desert. It can be crossed by anyone with a canteen and a compass.

There are many borders easier to cross throughout the world. For example the border between Canada and the US is significantly less monitored and easier to cross.

I've been there and what does this have to do with my point? Go to Canada. Wilderness...no one watching. Get off a boat offshore and walk into the country.

Fox viewers are as dumb as the network targets.

Get over your Mexico psychosis. Change channels. Grow up.

I've been there and what does this have to do with my point? Go to Canada. Wilderness...no one watching. Get off a boat offshore and walk into the country.

Fox viewers are as dumb as the network targets.

Get over your Mexico psychosis. Change channels. Grow up.
Well Canada isn’t one of the most corrupt nations on the planet for one. In Mexico it is illegal to own anything over a 38 but cartel members openly walk down the street with automatic weapons.
The cops there are basically an organized crime syndicate. So yes, paying them to let you in is much easier than Canada dumb ass.
You just know that your parties position of an open border is going to result in an inevitable terror attack on American soil and you’re attempting to deflect responsibility.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
I’d say record migrant deaths at the border would qualify as a “humanitarian” issue.

Oh….and there’s this.

Did you read the articles you posted?
Of course not.
Migrant death qualify as "humanitarian"?

binsfleld, try to equate the Orange Turd's and Biden's policies. Neither created the immigration problem. A President doesn't have the authority to fix it. It's cannon fodder for political reasons and Fort Knox for the Right.

They won't address it. The "Wall" is monumental, international embarrassment, worthy of the Orange Turd's trademark. The Central American conflicts are a passing event and if the "Wall" is built it will be a rusting legacy of America's racism, intolerance and hatred.

Reactions: Joes Place and Ree4
Well Canada isn’t one of the most corrupt nations on the planet for one. In Mexico it is illegal to own anything over a 38 but cartel members openly walk down the street with automatic weapons.
The cops there are basically an organized crime syndicate. So yes, paying them to let you in is much easier than Canada dumb ass.
You just know that your parties position of an open border is going to result in an inevitable terror attack on American soil and you’re attempting to deflect responsibility.

WTF does cartels have to do with it?

"Inevitable attack on American soil". You must have some incredible intelligence you can share with everyone.
Or maybe you read heard this on Fox, or one of the other powerhouse sewer channels.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT