ADVERTISEMENT

Feeling much better about my pending trip to Maui now . . .

Your dad still loves it. Says your mom wasn't as good pegging him as I am with the real wood.
Even dead?

Again, sweaty. You can post planking pics all the live long day and normal people will still "Ehhh" at your degeneracy.

I'm all for gay rights, fruitcake, but you gotta 86 the TQIA+++, dum dum.

It's like, how do you NOT get it at this point, twinkletoes?!

Last edited:
There is zero chance you spent time in the east and south of Maui if you thought it was crowded. The entire city of Hana, biggest on the east coast, is 768. Not 768,000, just 768 individual souls. The entire population of east Maui is only 1,263.

And for that matter, Leon County, the Florida County that Tallahassee is in and only the 23rd biggest county in Florida has just over 300k while the entire Maui island including the “crowded” Western quarter has only 165k. Miami-Dade County has 2.8 million.

I highly suggest next time you spend time at the Hana resort and then make your way further south to the ranches and national parks in the south on the “illegal road” past Hana. It’s one of my favorite spots in the world. Top Ten at least.

Zero chance you say?

We did the road to Hana and thought it was ok. What’s funny is I’ve since had numerous others tell me the same about it. I’ve also had a lot of people tell me they just love it, so it’s something where opinions indeed vary… And by “ok” I mean it was neat in places and maddeningly slow / crowded in others but this was during “spring break” and many other families I know were on the island the same week. I have no desire to stay at any of those hotels near Hana but it’s quite possible there’s some super exclusive $1000+ night type places that are great and i just don’t know about them. The Ritz was the same price and I wanted to stay there for other activities nearby. If you truly know the island as well as you claim, why would I drive 3+ hours to go to the south of the island?

Speaking of the south of the island and that ranch you mentioned, my chopper tour stopped there for about 15-20 mins to cool the engines and have a drink. It was a very nice area, yes, but I didn’t feel a need to do much more there, despite the pilot telling us about the buffalo burgers or something he enjoys.

Plantation Course review: this won’t be popular but I’ll never play that course again. It’s beautiful but in places it’s just stupid - my drives from regular men’s tees went through the fairway on 1, 9, 17 putting me in terrible downhill lies in the rough. It’s also one of those courses where I’ll pay $475 total one time and be happy forever, as each time I watch the Sentry I’ll remember the holes and natural beauty.

Zero chance you say?

We did the road to Hana and thought it was ok. What’s funny is I’ve since had numerous others tell me the same about it. I’ve also had a lot of people tell me they just love it, so it’s something where opinions indeed vary… And by “ok” I mean it was neat in places and maddeningly slow / crowded in others but this was during “spring break” and many other families I know were on the island the same week. I have no desire to stay at any of those hotels near Hana but it’s quite possible there’s some super exclusive $1000+ night type places that are great and i just don’t know about them. The Ritz was the same price and I wanted to stay there for other activities nearby. If you truly know the island as well as you claim, why would I drive 3+ hours to go to the south of the island?

Speaking of the south of the island and that ranch you mentioned, my chopper tour stopped there for about 15-20 mins to cool the engines and have a drink. It was a very nice area, yes, but I didn’t feel a need to do much more there, despite the pilot telling us about the buffalo burgers or something he enjoys.

Plantation Course review: this won’t be popular but I’ll never play that course again. It’s beautiful but in places it’s just stupid - my drives from regular men’s tees went through the fairway on 1, 9, 17 putting me in terrible downhill lies in the rough. It’s also one of those courses where I’ll pay $475 total one time and be happy forever, as each time I watch the Sentry I’ll remember the holes and natural beauty.
Were you playing the tips?
Pretty much same thoughts on plantation. Couple blah holes and a couple neat ones.
We played the tips on 18 and i crushed a drive that barely reached the point to get much rollout. Needed at least another 50-70 to get to the good landing area in order to have any hope of getting on in two.

Were you playing the tips?
Pretty much same thoughts on plantation. Couple blah holes and a couple neat ones.
We played the tips on 18 and i crushed a drive that barely reached the point to get much rollout. Needed at least another 50-70 to get to the good landing area in order to have any hope of getting on in two.

No, I played whatever tee is the normal men’s tee. 6701 yards I show on the scorecard. I’m not anywhere near good enough to enjoy anything about a 7500 yard course, especially if it’s my first time. My index is 8

Got back on saturday from our Maui trip. It was as advertised, not many tourists at all of course. Resort was mostly empty with like 10 people total at the huge pool on any day. Im not sure what the appropriate number of times a 50 year old guy should go down a water slide is but I approached it. We were staying on Kaanapali beach and there were days when at most we could see like 5 other people on the beach. Snorkeled right off the beach at a few places and it was great. Last day we were snorkeling with a huge turtle for about 20 minutes. Just me and the wife and a turtle and about 500 fish. All people we encountered were very happy to have tourists there and let us know in our conversations with them. Zero negative interactions with ayone .

6 and half hour direct flight from Maui back to DFW was terrific.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT