ADVERTISEMENT

Fever training camp - I like this from the first day

I know!

We're going to be in Tyler Texas, an hour and a half east of Dallas. So, can't help myself ... we're going to bop over Friday. Never would have imagined paying $$$$ for a preseason WNBA event.

WNBA??? Preseason??? Wadafuk!

ANYWAY ... I need help, ya'll: to the Sports Fashionistas, if I wear Iowa gear - gotta represent! - is that cool/acceptable OR is it SUPER lame?

I daily tilter on the acceptable-lame edge as it is sooo ... c'mon now!
I may not be the one to ask, but I'd wear the IOWA stuff, absolutely. That's literally who Caitlin is and where she's from. Those are her roots. She established her brand as an Iowa Hawkeye. Indiana is just grabbing the CC steamroller as it passes by.

I may not be the one to ask, but I'd wear the IOWA stuff, absolutely. That's literally who Caitlin is and where she's from. Those are her roots. She established her brand as an Iowa Hawkeye. Indiana is just grabbing the CC steamroller as it passes by.
Wings play in a 7K seat stadium. How awesome would it be if it is sold out and half the stadium is wearing hawkeye gear?

Would be interesting if she would play a little off-ball. I wonder if the Fever coach could actually get her to cut the basket.

Another thing - is she going to put more effort to defense? I could see teams picking on her.

Last edited:
Another thing - is she going to put more effort to defense? I could see teams picking on her.
One would think so, although the first day of practice was probably more about just getting used to each other as a team and trying to get in an offensive flow.

I know!

We're going to be in Tyler Texas, an hour and a half east of Dallas. So, can't help myself ... we're going to bop over Friday. Never would have imagined paying $$$$ for a preseason WNBA event.

WNBA??? Preseason??? Wadafuk!

ANYWAY ... I need help, ya'll: to the Sports Fashionistas, if I wear Iowa gear - gotta represent! - is that cool/acceptable OR is it SUPER lame?

I daily tilter on the acceptable-lame edge as it is sooo ... c'mon now!
How about a Raygun T-shirt with clever words about Caitlin Clark and Hawkeyes?

• Wow
Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
If a movie 10 years ago were set in the year 2024 and there was dialogue about how excited everyone was for the upcoming WNBA season the movie would have been classified as a Comedy.
not sure about "everyone"....but good point

The earlier they realize they need to let Caitlin be ball dominant, the sooner they will be a winning team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT