ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four to Replace Podolak

I find it a little odd that none of these finalist have been doing much media work. Several hawks have been part of either studio or broadcast teams with BTN. As someone hinted at in another thread, this role is hardly a full time/year round job.

1. Pat Angerer - Mortgage and Business Development
2. Nate Kaeding - Hospitality/Real Estate Development
3. Mitch King - Insurance Agent
4. James Vandenberg - Financial Advisor

I find it a little odd that none of these finalist have been doing much media work. Several hawks have been part of either studio or broadcast teams with BTN. As someone hinted at in another thread, this role is hardly a full time/year round job.

What was ed doing before he took over?

Nate definitely needs the job/income the least of the four. And his kicker cred might only go so far when it comes to analyzing X's and O's and deep-dive, "inside the huddle" type stuff.

JVB probably has the best overall grasp of football simply from being a former QB. Ol' Doodle's just not sure what kind of personality he has. Does he have the charisma to keep the audience engaged for an entire Saturday (including pre-game, game, post-game, call-in show, etc.)?

Mitch and Pat would definitely be the two who would retain the trademark Podolak eccentricity and childlike enthusiasm. But could they dial it back when necessary while they learn the art and craft of broadcasting...a big part of which (bigger than many people realize) is knowing what NOT to say and when NOT to speak, vs. the other way around.

In the end, they all bleed black and gold and will do fine. Should be interesting.

As long as Dolphin is on the air, I won't hear his sidekick, no matter who it turns out to be. But looks like a nice group of former Hawks to choose from.

Danan Hughes comes to mind.......

Reactions: DEMGR
1. Pat Angerer
2. Nate Kaeding
3. Mitch King
4. James Vandenberg

I think any of the 4 would do great. Secretly, I'm pulling for Pat because he's certainly the goofiest of the 4. 😀

Decision should come sometime around the week of 6/17.
I’d have a really hard time taking JVB seriously whenever he tried to analyze QB play.

I’m hoping for 1 or 3.

1. Pat Angerer
2. Nate Kaeding
3. Mitch King
4. James Vandenberg

I think any of the 4 would do great. Secretly, I'm pulling for Pat because he's certainly the goofiest of the 4. 😀

Decision should come sometime around the week of 6/17.
Pat was a good FB player but is kind of a moron.

Right, I believe for quite a while Dolph had a regular job during the week.

The people who compiled this list played the race card by only selecting white people.
I seriously doubt race played any factor in this list. Those are the guys. If we are to expand the list for the sole purpose of adding a person of color, that would be the decision based upon race - a play of the race card, if you will.

I seriously doubt race played any factor in this list. Those are the guys. If we are to expand the list for the sole purpose of adding a person of color, that would be the decision based upon race - a play of the race card, if you will.
LIke the airlines stating they are going to hire more minorities...nah I'd like to have the best pilots hired, thank you very much.

Thought you were being sarcastic at first. Now it's clear you're just an idiot. Have you considered that maybe no "non-white" people showed any interest? Name one.
Yes, how dare a majority (and it's not even close) white state not have minorities represented in the selection process for a majority white (and it's not even close) audience. THe whole DEI thing is a farce.

And F Wisconsin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT