ADVERTISEMENT

Find/develop any new wing sauces this weekend (or anytime)?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
I usually grill my wings on the BGE over lump oak. I have the temp/time down pretty good to obtain a crispy, juicy wing. Found a couple of store bought sauces that were pretty good.

1. Frank's Nashville Hot - heavy black pepper/cayenne with a little tang. Thought it was very good.
2. Old Bay (plus a little more cayenne) & butter - this is the wife's favorite. Old Bay does make for a real good dry rub
3. Nando's Peri Peri - this has become one of my favorite hot sauces. added some butter to thicken it and it was very good as a wing sauce
4. Bourbon Chicken Sauce + Siracha - one of my favorite dishes from the crappy mall Chinese food place. This time let the cooked wings simmer in the sauce until it thickened. Really good.

Working on a Peruvian chicken-style with aji amarillo & aji panca. Needs some work to balance it.

I usually grill my wings on the BGE over lump oak. I have the temp/time down pretty good to obtain a crispy, juicy wing. Found a couple of store bought sauces that were pretty good.

1. Frank's Nashville Hot - heavy black pepper/cayenne with a little tang. Thought it was very good.
2. Old Bay (plus a little more cayenne) & butter - this is the wife's favorite. Old Bay does make for a real good dry rub
3. Nando's Peri Peri - this has become one of my favorite hot sauces. added some butter to thicken it and it was very good as a wing sauce
4. Bourbon Chicken Sauce + Siracha - one of my favorite dishes from the crappy mall Chinese food place. This time let the cooked wings simmer in the sauce until it thickened. Really good.

Working on a Peruvian chicken-style with aji amarillo & aji panca. Needs some work to balance it.
Me reading this thread, not having eaten all day

Seth Rollins Wrestling GIF by WWE

Reactions: ping72
what temp you running your wings? I was tired when I got back from skiing last night and just thru a dozen in the air fryer. Doused in Franks/butter when ready.
It's nice to be able to make them so easily, but it's not quite the same.

what temp you running your wings? I was tired when I got back from skiing last night and just thru a dozen in the air fryer. Doused in Franks/butter when ready.
It's nice to be able to make them so easily, but it's not quite the same.
300-315 direct heat. That let's it render the fat, which will crisp up the skin.

Reactions: BelemNole
On the egg, I could never get the skin to get crispy enough for chicken thighs. Do the wings actually get crispy?
In my opinion, same texture as air fried wings. But you have to keep the fire under control to let the fat render--which crisps up the skin--without burning the wing.

Reactions: Tenacious E
You can buy sauces from that HotOnes show on YouTube. We did a challenge on New Years that went as well as you can imagine. Most were tasty, my favorite is their Fresno Chili. Blue colored labeling I believe.

You can buy sauces from that HotOnes show on YouTube. We did a challenge on New Years that went as well as you can imagine. Most were tasty, my favorite is their Fresno Chili. Blue colored labeling I believe.
We did the HotOnes as an activity at work. The questions were pretty generic. Da Bomb is so horrible it could be used for torture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT