ADVERTISEMENT

First full length Kaepernick Nike ad is out......and is phenomenal

I don't care about the controversy and frankly am tired of it already. My problem is take Kap out of the equation and break the slogan down on it's own merit and it's incredibly stupid.

I'm not saying your wrong, but context matters.

giphy.gif

I mean....what did kap sacrifice? He’s not playing in the league because he chose not to. He literally turned down a contract.
This seems to be a theme. Kap didn't sacrifice because he still gets paid or because he didn't accept a contract he was offered. Colin's sacrifice had nothing to do with money, it has to do with his reputation.

I wrote this one of the other Nike threads with a little addition:
Kap made the choice to protest unequal treatment in our country. He has endured ridicule and disgust from some in our country including the POTUS. He has become the whipping boy for Trump republicans. I think he has sacrificed for his beliefs.

This seems to be a theme. Kap didn't sacrifice because he still gets paid or because he didn't accept a contract he was offered. Colin's sacrifice had nothing to do with money, it has to do with his reputation.

Kap made the choice to protest unequal treatment in our country. He has endured ridicule and disgust from some in our country including the POTUS. He has become the whipping boy for Trump republicans. I think he has sacrificed for his beliefs.
Fair enough.

Reactions: FlickShagwell

But he is also viewed as a God by some of the population

And at this point I think most people would viewed getting ridiculed by Trump as a good think.

But he is also viewed as a God by some of the population

And at this point I think most people would viewed getting ridiculed by Trump as a good think.
Good point about being ridiculed by Trump being a good thing. Without Trump, Kap probably wouldn't be the new face of Nike. I'm not sure people think Kap's god, but standing up to this President's racism is in my opinion a good thing.

The socks were a stupid choice, especially considering all the heat was taking, I think we can all agree with that.
To be honest, I hardly knew about Kap's protest until Trump made it a national issue. I'm not a big NFL fan unless Hawkeyes are involved. However, his instagram post indicates he wore those socks before he began his protest. Is that not true?

Good point about being ridiculed by Trump being a good thing. Without Trump, Kap probably wouldn't be the new face of Nike. I'm not sure people think Kap's god, but standing up to this President's racism is in my opinion a good thing.
Have you seen him naked? Maybe son of a god?

colin-kaepernick-naked-espn.jpg

To be honest, I hardly knew about Kap's protest until Trump made it a national issue. I'm not a big NFL fan unless Hawkeyes are involved. However, his instagram post indicates he wore those socks before he began his protest. Is that not true?
Shit, I can’t remember. I didn’t/haven’t followed the Kap diaries closely myself. All I know is, it was a dumb AF move, and believe me, I’m not a fan of cops myself.

Love the commercial, love the message, but think it’s a bit hypocritical coming from Nike, who doesn’t pay most of their sweatshop laborers a high enough wage to give them a chance to do any of the things they mentioned in that ad.

I’m a huge Nike “wearer” so I guess that makes me a hypocrite too. Though, to be fair, Nike isn’t the only company that this is an issue with

Love the commercial, love the message, but think it’s a bit hypocritical coming from Nike, who doesn’t pay most of their sweatshop laborers a high enough wage to give them a chance to do any of the things they mentioned in that ad.

I’m a huge Nike “wearer” so I guess that makes me a hypocrite too. Though, to be fair, Nike isn’t the only company that this is an issue with
It’s pretty much an issue with literally every single clothing/shoe company. Americans don’t give a fvck whatsoever. Sad but true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT