ADVERTISEMENT

Flashing the stadium lights

Fully agree. And like the get off my lawn old man: I just don’t like it. It’s a football game, not a rave.

And I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I feel it could be a safety concern. Additionally, I hadn’t thought about it previously, but folks with a negative neurological response to flashing lights, without preparing for that expectation, could be affected.

Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

It's another stupid symptom of too much money and too much technology. Just because you can does NOT mean you should. They do it in MLB games too, like after home runs, and it's just as stupid. It's a cheap thrill, so a country filled with people who love orange criminals who wanna be dictators get off on that kinda BS.
Dude, I can only imagine you have to say this on every post here because everyone in your life has stopped interacting with you as well. Give it a rest.

What do you think about this new trend of flashing the main stadium lighting on and off after a big play or TD? I think it's kinda messed up. Scoreboards, sure. But the primary lighting for the field? Seems wrong. Where's the NCAA on this? (I know...head up azz as usual)
It's a fad. Started in the mid to late 2010s.

Hopefully it will be going away soon.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
I’ve got no problem with it. The only reason it hasn’t happened until now is because it used to take stadium lights 30-45 minutes to come on once they went off. With the new technology, that isn’t a problem anymore.

Honestly, it seems like a weird thing to complain about. But I suppose people probably also complained when stadiums started playing rock music or installing giant Jumbotrons.

Fully agree. And like the get off my lawn old man: I just don’t like it. It’s a football game, not a rave.

And I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I feel it could be a safety concern. Additionally, I hadn’t thought about it previously, but folks with a negative neurological response to flashing lights, without preparing for that expectation, could be affected.

Hey, don’t worry. We have the burrito lift and still play who let the dogs out. When they really want to pump up the crowd, we go with the black eyed peas song from 15 years ago. I think we’re doing just fine.
It’s pretty damned pathetic when you think about it.

Reactions: Hawks2405
JFC.

Some of you need to think about what the players and recruits want and it’s the glamour of scoring a td and being in the limelight. No wonder Iowa is so antiquated in everything they do. Go all out with every score.

All it is going to take is one person having a seizure and it will be gone. After hundreds of games and tens of millions of fans, as soon as that .00001% brings a law suit, you won’t see it anymore.
Possibly. I think it’ll be someone (possibly a little older) returning from the head or concessions, walking down the steps, not clearly seeing a step, and taking a tumble. Obviously, one would hope none of this would happen, and if it did it wouldn’t end in legal battles, but we’re not supposed to drive at night without lights either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What do you think about this new trend of flashing the main stadium lighting on and off after a big play or TD? I think it's kinda messed up. Scoreboards, sure. But the primary lighting for the field? Seems wrong. Where's the NCAA on this? (I know...head up azz as usual)
I think I would email ahead and inform the administration that we have players who have severe sensitivity to strobe light effects and they should be protected under the ADA at all costs to ensure their health and well being. The players would be protected under HIPPA as well as Student Privacy legislation so I would be unable to disclose their identities.

:)

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
It's stadium warfare essentially, these venues all want to have the best entertainment experience and with LED these new kinds of special effects and light shows are possible. Also a major recruiting tool. It's not just at college and pro stadiums either, high schools are having them installed. It's the world we're living in. I'm sure way back before lighted night games were a regular thing there were tons of traditionalists who were against playing games at night under lights, too.

It's stadium warfare essentially, these venues all want to have the best entertainment experience and with LED these new kinds of special effects and light shows are possible. Also a major recruiting tool. It's not just at college and pro stadiums either, high schools are having them installed. It's the world we're living in. I'm sure way back before lighted night games were a regular thing there were tons of traditionalists who were against playing games at night under lights, too.
Just stay off my ****ing lawn wouldja!!

Then this will really set you flashing light/drone folks off on multiple levels.

I saw a clip of a south american soccer match where a rival won an away game and the home team turned off all the lights to avoid celebration on their turf.

Not a fad

I just had a seminar on the history of Musco and trends in sports lighting. This stuff is here to stay with the new LED technology and will probably get more obnoxious.
Well then I guess we need to pay a visit to the people running their light shows...............

Possibly. I think it’ll be someone (possibly a little older) returning from the head or concessions, walking down the steps, not clearly seeing a step, and taking a tumble. Obviously, one would hope none of this would happen, and if it did it wouldn’t end in legal battles, but we’re not supposed to drive at night without lights either. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This with a lawsuit will put a stop to it.

JFC.

Some of you need to think about what the players and recruits want and it’s the glamour of scoring a td and being in the limelight. No wonder Iowa is so antiquated in everything they do. Go all out with every score.
I'd wager it ranks somewhere in the triple digits for things a recruit cares about.

I'm not a fan, and I think there's enough of a segment of people whom this could negatively affect that it will run into problems soon enough. We'll see.

Side note, did beatthe get banned? I don't remember blocking him, yet-maybe I did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT