ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Eyes $5 Million Fund to Help Cover Trump’s Legal Bills

Bend if it’s a stupid idea, you mean?
As an out of stater like most of the posters in this thread, I am amused by those who don’t hesitate to comment on the workings of our state when most of y’all don’t know 💩.
That extends way beyond their lack of knowledge of Florida...

Reactions: goldmom
Trump is constantly fundraising off of the rubes for his legal defense fund. I'm sure your inbox and phone have received numerous pleas for help in fighting the racist Biden judges!
I have gotten more inbox junk from Dems than Republicans of late. No one has gotten a penny from me on either side.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
As an out of stater like most of the posters in this thread, I am amused by those who don’t hesitate to comment on the workings of our state when most of y’all don’t know 💩.
Oh, I forgot the rule about not commenting on another state’s politics, even if the state and the governor are in the national news more than just about any other for the last few years. And we grew up there. And we have relatives there. And dozens of friends there. And we keep an eye on what’s going on because we have kids who are contemplating going to school there.

But ok, what do we know?

Reactions: lucas80 and Ree4
Oh, I forgot the rule about not commenting on another state’s politics, even if the state and the governor are in the national news more than just about any other for the last few years. And we grew up there. And we have relatives there. And dozens of friends there. And we keep an eye on what’s going on because we have kids who are contemplating going to school there.

But ok, what do we know?
Oh I’d say Texas and Cali and NY command a huge chunk of state level news of late.
None of what’s going on with our state government affects you, so worry about your current residence, which does affect you.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

If you dont want to see out of staters posting about your state, you are more than welcome to remove yourself from the Iowa messageboards

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Aw gee. I guess my careful efforts to NEVER post about Iowa politics is all for naught…
Post about it. I was unaware there was some sort of rule about not having an opinion unless you lived in the state and i dont complain if the floridians post about iowa politics. People can have an opinion on politics happening in other states.

If you dont like to see people outside of florida post about florida politics, by all means find a message board geared to floridians.

Reactions: Kelsers
Post about it. I was unaware there was some sort of rule about not having an opinion unless you lived in the state and i dont complain if the floridians post about iowa politics. People can have an opinion on politics happening in other states.

If you dont like to see people outside of florida post about florida politics, by all means find a message board geared to floridians.
A lack of knowledge about the inner workings of a state’s politics and the issues and needs of the local electorate make me hesitant to jump in on criticisms of those states. I don’t think that’s unreasonable.
I’ve lived in FL, GA, PA, NJ, CA, KY, WI, MI, and TX.
Each state was unique and had their own “quirks”. I read news articles and watch news reports if there’s something going on there in elections but unless it has a direct bearing on all of us on the national level I’m not sure I can sit here and pontificate about a certain Governor or legislation in that state.
Do I come away from seeing something about that state with an impression or a thought about it? Sure. But I don’t live there. I’m not subject to their laws.

It's laughable that some of you think that if this is reintroduced, and Trump demands it, that DeSantis would veto it. He bent the knee. If he has plans for 2028 he needs to cult.

It's laughable that some of you think that if this is reintroduced, and Trump demands it, that DeSantis would veto it. He bent the knee. If he has plans for 2028 he needs to cult.

He no doubt will try to run again in 4 years. I have to wonder if any big dollar donors will be willing to risk their money on him after this horrifically incompetent performance.

You are correct that he would let this pass if Agent Orange starts making noise about it. That’s why I’m waiting for the end of the legislative session before believing this won’t happen.

Trump, a self proclaimed billionaire, who has been found liable of rape, charged with taking and hiding classified documents, tax and financial crimes and trying to defraud American voters and Floridas response is "We need to help this guy with taxpayer money"? Wow. How absurd is that.

And you know the checkbox on the form at the DMV to contribute to this will be so vague and sound so glorious people who check it won't know what its actually going for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT