ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Bag 2/8/19

Won’t do it. That guy sucks. Even flo admits this guy sucks. Nomad is getting almost as bad though. Can’t stand when the little B talks. FYI he says Dan Gable as a wrestler is not comparable to how good Carl was. And if G. Steveson were to go undefeated in College, Carl would still be more impressive. Carl lost. I don’t care that it was his redshirt year, not taking a redshirt and winning it all is more impressive to most. Both these guys spew garbage.

Nice work on your avatar. Not sure how long I hadn't noticed . . .
Thanks, just did it so not long at all. Slush, I have read TR Foley on an off the last few years. He is ussually pretty hard on the Hawks. Doesn't this seem unusually friendly if anything?

Thanks, just did it so not long at all. Slush, I have read TR Foley on an off the last few years. He is ussually pretty hard on the Hawks. Doesn't this seem unusually friendly if anything?

I read the column only occasionally, and it is his incessant pumping up of international wrestling and tearing down of NCAA wrestling (and especially the singlet) that makes him a not-so-must-read for me. Can't say I've read him enough to notice an anti-Iowa bias, but yeah, he could have gone in that direction with his essays this week if he had wanted to. Seemed like he was being even-keeled.

Part of me wonders whether he just spent a couple of weeks reading the HR to come up with this week's content. Usually, the majority of his questions come from "Mike C", who is more of a PSU persona. Foley's guys seemed more HR this week -- maybe a little more polite, though. ;)

Reactions: russelscout
Foley was definitely anti-Iowa a year or so ago, seems more pro-Iowa now. Probably because of Brands giving him or his kid a gift not to long ago and also Brands' stance on women's wrestling and bringing in several women to HWC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT