ADVERTISEMENT

? for Conservatives and Libertarians who claim Harris and Walz are Marxists

Torg

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
Do you also believe FDR, Truman, Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, Obama and Biden are/were Marxists?

Why do you consider them Marxists?

I think Libertarians like the Kochs think that they are all probably Marxists, but I am not sure.

We have probably have a dozen posters who continually call Harris/Walz Marxists.

Good luck getting any to answer. I don’t think most have any idea what it means, including Trump.
Well, I think many like the Koch brothers do believe that all former Democratic presidents have been Marxist. Anti-capitalists. And probably the folks at the Heritage Foundation too. But they are reluctant to say that out loud because many people would then realize that they are whacko.
Most of the MAGA crowd don't really know what it means but hear it on Hannity Levin and the rest of the conservative propaganda masters. Then they repeat the punch line like they know what it means.

Do you also believe FDR, Truman, Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, Obama and Biden are/were Marxists?

I think Libertarians like the Kochs think that they are all probably Marxists, but I am not sure.

We have probably have a dozen posters who continually call Harris/Walz Marxists.
I dont consider them Marxists, but your comparison to those Dems, especially Truman Kennedy and Carter are so off you sound stupid. In addition, FDR had zero resemblance socially.

Last edited:
I don't believe they are Marxists anyway. I just view politicians as center, left, hard left, right, and hard right.

Moses.org looked at Marx’ manifesto in regard to the U.S.

1. “Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.” The federal government owns huge amounts of land and is acquiring more. Private property rights are being eroded deliberately in the name of protecting the environment.

2. “A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.” Check.

3. “Abolition of all rights of inheritance.” Estate/inheritance taxes are purely punitive because they are taxes levied on assets on which multiple taxes have already been paid many times.

4. “Confiscation of the property of emigrants and rebels.” Assets are being confiscated right and left in the name of the war on drugs.

5. “Centralization of credit in the hands of the state . . . .” See the Federal Reserve Act.

6. “Centralization of the means of communications and transport in the hands of the state.” Seen a private road or bridge lately? Who licenses all radio and television?

7. “Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state . . . .” Well, the government runs many businesses and some folks would like to see it run more.

8. “Equal obligation to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.”

9. “Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of distinction between town and country.” Big corporations dominate what’s left of agriculture and mass communications have more or less erased cultural differences.

10. “Free education of all children in public schools. Abolition of child factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.” Done.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole

I know for a fact that Bill (talking about retirement income) and Barack (talking about healthcare), told us that they can't trust us to make our own good decisions, so they have to control it for us. And this administration has proven that they can't trust us with basic information by controlling it for us. Whether that's classical Marxism or not, not sure. I don't put Carter, Kennedy, Truman and FDR in with the last 30 years

I know for a fact that Bill (talking about retirement income) and Barack (talking about healthcare), told us that they can't trust us to make our own good decisions, so they have to control it for us. And this administration has proven that they can't trust us with basic information by controlling it for us. Whether that's classical Marxism or not, not sure. I don't put Carter, Kennedy, Truman and FDR in with the last 30 years
By giving us ways to manage our own retirement investments and have more choices for healthcare? GTFO with that bullshit.

Remove Watergate and disregard his personal demons,.. Nixon was a very good president.
I cant argue one way or another. The massive inflation from Vietnam and Oil Wars proceeded the turmoil of the early 80s which could be argued minus housing was worse than the Great Recession. How the controls of Nixon impacted that I dont know. He did make good on closing the war. The Tet was a huge military victory militarily against a very good foe. If Nixon was still around I suspect the war would have gone differently.

I cant argue one way or another. The massive inflation from Vietnam and Oil Wars proceeded the turmoil of the early 80s which could be argued minus housing was worse than the Great Recession. How the controls of Nixon impacted that I dont know. He did make good on closing the war. The Tet was a huge military victory militarily against a very good foe. If Nixon was still around I suspect the war would have gone differently.
The Tet Offensive was a terrible blow to US war strategy and the psychology of the country regarding the war.

Nixon promised "Peace with honor" and a "secret plan" to end the war in 1968. Instead he escalated it.

Reactions: nelly02 and Torg
The Tet Offensive was a terrible blow to US war strategy and the psychology of the country regarding the war.

Nixon promised "Peace with honor" and a "secret plan" to end the war in 1968. Instead he escalated it.
Emotionally yes. Militarily no. Wasnt even close. Won the battle. Lost the US public.

It is a common tactic to go all offensive to cover a withdrawal. And my bad tet was Johnson.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Emotionally yes. Militarily no. Wasnt even close. Won the battle. Lost the US public.

It is a common tactic to go all offensive to cover a withdrawal.
It demonstrated that the Viet Cong could launch a massive and coordinated offensive and destroyed support for the war in the US. That's not a huge victory.

Reactions: Torg
It demonstrated that the Viet Cong could launch a massive and coordinated offensive and destroyed support for the war in the US. That's not a huge victory.
It eliminated the Viet Cong from the equation. They were essentially wiped out. After Tet, it was all NVA. But - as you said - Tet was a big psyop victory.

The Tet Offensive caught the US military complaetely off guard. Moving into Cambodia and Laos was a huge mistake in escalation and counter to the promises made. You can't spin it into a positive for the US.
Never is war a positive, but then again, you don't let statements and facts get in your way.

A North/Viet Cong force of about 600k attacked a military of 2x the size. Though in an offensive you expect more casualties, the US lost 2100, the South 6,000 and the NVA/Viet Cong about 50k, all KIA. Maybe you watched We Were Soldiers for your information. The 2nd phase saw a combined 2k loss for US and South forces and 24k for the invaders.

This and the Tet 1969 led to the heavy bombings of Nixon.

War is terrible. I hate it. Militarily, the US decisively won the battle. The blood bath including the Hue Massacre soured the US public. Those are the facts.

Personally I think no HS should ever allow military reps on school ground. We should do like Ukraine and draft/have service of older men not young.

Today's gung ho Dem party towards war is disgusting. Just as bad as Republicans and conservative Christians under Bush I and II.

Right now a 22 yo concert pianist from Ukraine that I have known since he was 1 is being commissioned a 2nd Lt. helicopter pilot. He sends me concert videos. The world needs him more as a pianist than a pilot in a war zone.

Militarily it was a hell of a win, in a war where we shouldn't have been.
In 3-2-1 you will post another Rileyism of ignorance and rah rah Dems and rah rah war.

It eliminated the Viet Cong from the equation. They were essentially wiped out. After Tet, it was all NVA. But - as you said - Tet was a big psyop victory.
He said it wasn't a huge victory. Militarily it was. The NVA was one hell of a fighting force. As older men, while the Vietnam Army was in Cambodia, the "reserve" former NVA, kicked the hell out of the Chinese.

Never is war a positive, but then again, you don't let statements and facts get in your way.

A North/Viet Cong force of about 600k attacked a military of 2x the size. Though in an offensive you expect more casualties, the US lost 2100, the South 6,000 and the NVA/Viet Cong about 50k, all KIA. Maybe you watched We Were Soldiers for your information. The 2nd phase saw a combined 2k loss for US and South forces and 24k for the invaders.

This and the Tet 1969 led to the heavy bombings of Nixon.

War is terrible. I hate it. Militarily, the US decisively won the battle. The blood bath including the Hue Massacre soured the US public. Those are the facts.

Personally I think no HS should ever allow military reps on school ground. We should do like Ukraine and draft/have service of older men not young.

Today's gung ho Dem party towards war is disgusting. Just as bad as Republicans and conservative Christians under Bush I and II.

Right now a 22 yo concert pianist from Ukraine that I have known since he was 1 is being commissioned a 2nd Lt. helicopter pilot. He sends me concert videos. The world needs him more as a pianist than a pilot in a war zone.

Militarily it was a hell of a win, in a war where we shouldn't have been.
In 3-2-1 you will post another Rileyism of ignorance and rah rah Dems and rah rah war.
As usual you miss the important points. This was in now way, shape or form, a win for the US other than the myopic count of casualties.

You talking about anyone else's ignorance is rich. Talk about projection.

They weren't eliminated but they were severely impacted. The NVA did take over the lead in the war with more conventional methods all the way to the fall of Saigon in 1975. The Tet Offensive exposed vulnerabilities in the US/South Viet Nam war strategy and cost thousands of lives and injuries. That the Viet Cong were eventually defeated is not a victory, imo.

Moses.org looked at Marx’ manifesto in regard to the U.S.

1. “Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.” The federal government owns huge amounts of land and is acquiring more. Private property rights are being eroded deliberately in the name of protecting the environment.

2. “A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.” Check.

3. “Abolition of all rights of inheritance.” Estate/inheritance taxes are purely punitive because they are taxes levied on assets on which multiple taxes have already been paid many times.

4. “Confiscation of the property of emigrants and rebels.” Assets are being confiscated right and left in the name of the war on drugs.

5. “Centralization of credit in the hands of the state . . . .” See the Federal Reserve Act.

6. “Centralization of the means of communications and transport in the hands of the state.” Seen a private road or bridge lately? Who licenses all radio and television?

7. “Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state . . . .” Well, the government runs many businesses and some folks would like to see it run more.

8. “Equal obligation to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.”

9. “Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of distinction between town and country.” Big corporations dominate what’s left of agriculture and mass communications have more or less erased cultural differences.

10. “Free education of all children in public schools. Abolition of child factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.” Done.
Can you show me on the doll where America touched you?

Typical. Unable to refute facts; divert with insults.
Quite honestly I don’t care enough to follow along what you throw out there, facts or otherwise. Does anyone on here? It’s pretty obvious you don’t like America so why don’t you just gtfo?
go away gtfo GIF

I am. Stupid makes me laugh and you are in a class of your own.
The difference between you and most people is that others will agree to disagree. Have you been diagnosed with sociopathic conditions? For sure a form of multiple personalities....that all like to post under different names

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
They weren't eliminated but they were severely impacted. The NVA did take over the lead in the war with more conventional methods all the way to the fall of Saigon in 1975. The Tet Offensive exposed vulnerabilities in the US/South Viet Nam war strategy and cost thousands of lives and injuries. That the Viet Cong were eventually defeated is not a victory, imo.
Post-Tet, over 70% of VC forces were redeployed NVA regulars. The VC couldn’t recruit in the south. There was even speculation that the north wanted to wipe out the VC so there would be no competition from the south when the US ultimately left…as the north knew they would.

The difference between you and most people is that others will agree to disagree. Have you been diagnosed with sociopathic conditions? For sure a form of multiple personalities....that all like to post under different names
Wrong yet again. How do you manage to be so consistent? Law of averages suggest you would get something right at some point.

What other names do I post under? (This should be good)

Post-Tet, over 70% of VC forces were redeployed NVA regulars. The VC couldn’t recruit in the south. There was even speculation that the north wanted to wipe out the VC so there would be no competition from the south when the US ultimately left…as the north knew they would.
Yes - not eliminated. They continued to engage in guerrilla warfare and sabotage against U.S. and South Vietnamese forces. Their ability to launch large-scale offensives and control significant territory was greatly reduced. The NVA took over as the primary force until they were able to take Saigon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT