ADVERTISEMENT

New Story For Noah Shannon and Iowa Football, the Gut Punch Parade Continues

Adam Jacobi

HR MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022

The Big Ten citing the overhead view of DeJean's gesture as proof of a good overturn will live in CYA infamy.

But at least it's an attempt.

The NCAA, on the other hand, offers not even an acknowledgment that any athletes' eligibility is hanging in the balance. Certainly no sympathy, or better yet urgency.

Perhaps it is better that Ferentz's weekly Hawk Talk radio show is off for the bye week; on a regular week's cadence, he would have been going on the air with less than two hours to process the NCAA's postponement, and there's no telling what trouble his candor could have led to.

After all, we're certainly not suggesting the NCAA has essentially tacked one more game onto Shannon's suspension as a way to spite Ferentz for being insufficiently grateful for its reconsideration (and for daring the Big Ten to fine him with his post-loss referee comments Saturday). There's no evidence that suggests that's what the NCAA is doing here.

Nonetheless, some Iowa fans may undertake a thought experiment about how this would look any different if the NCAA were operating out of spite.

Hypothetically, of course.

If I had to guess, Noah Shannon is done as an Iowa Hawkeye. I hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm not.
You are not wrong. *If* he is ever cleared to play, it won't be until the bowl game. Which he won't play in. His Hawkeye career is over.

This just ticks me off to no end about the NCAA. There is ZERO reason a decision hasn't been made by now. Except to punish Iowa and for the NCAA to pretend to flex their muscles. It is absolutely criminal.

You are not wrong. *If* he is ever cleared to play, it won't be until the bowl game. Which he won't play in. His Hawkeye career is over.

This just ticks me off to no end about the NCAA. There is ZERO reason a decision hasn't been made by now. Except to punish Iowa and for the NCAA to pretend to flex their muscles. It is absolutely criminal.
Yeah, I heard they delayed the meeting to discuss Shannon's situation.

WTF!!!! Cant anyone at the ncaa just make a decision by themselves, why do you need a meeting???

ncaa = nut crackers assholes & asshats

Reactions: pmtdc
Is there any way Noah could petition for a hardship waiver or something when this is finally overturned? And maybe be granted a 7th season?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Is there any way Noah could petition for a hardship waiver or something when this is finally overturned? And maybe be granted a 7th season?
That would be wonderful but would Noah benefit from it? I mean the goal of most football players is to be good enough for the NFL. Noah was close after last year but obviously got data that said he needed to improve his stock. Would a 25 year old DT be attractive to the NFL? Just not sure how that plays out (but would LOVE to have him back next year). Is this going to be Drew Ott v2 (minus the injury of course)?

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT