ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you who doubted Kamala's promise to slash prices, what are your thoughts on Donnie's promise to cut gasoline prices in half?

How exactly would/could he do that?
harry potter magic GIF

Reactions: ItsinourDNA
Is he proposing price controls to do it?

Like everything he says he's going to do something that sounds good but never says how he's going to do it. And in the end he never does it.

Remember the wall he was gonna build and make Mexico pay for it?

Remember the healthcare plan that was going to be unbelievably great and everyone was gonna be taken care of???

Like everything he says he's going to do something that sounds good but never says how he's going to do it. And in the end he never does it.

Remember the healthcare plan that was going to be unbelievably great and everyone was gonna be taken care of???
He makes many empty promises.

Drill baby drill.

Black gold as he calls it.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie and TC Nole OX
Keep in mind, oil is a fungible commodity, and no matter how much we produce in the US, it doesn't have to be refined and sold here. And, there is a profit component for US producers that will limit how much is produced domestically.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dona...-promise-recession_n_66c68217e4b01c59f9de051f
to echo the conservatives typical mantra about the national debt...

we don't have a domestic drilling/pumping/production problem, we have an exporting problem

we're producing record levels of oil...but we (and by the i mean, oil companies) are exporting a higher-than-ever percentage of that oil out of the country because they make more money in overseas markets

this (combined with the opec production reduction) is why prices remain high despite record levels of domestic production

Drill baby drill.

You do realize that first of all our domestic production isn't going to get high enough to take away the Saudi's power over the price?

Do you realize that the drilling is controlled by a private corporations, not the government. Those private corporations don't have an incentive to drive the price down.

Also construction of the drilling platforms and getting the oil on the market isn't going to be fast enough to do anything in the allotted time.

He's engaging in magical thinking.

Do you really believe he can get the price down to less than $2 a gallon WITHOUT a pandemic or something similar to drive demand down?

It shouldn't surprise if Trump brought oil prices down and it has nothing to do with domestic production which is already at an all time high. Opec controls pricing and Trump's allies are Putin and MBS. They have been cutting production and keeping prices elevated in deference to him. Once the election is over and Trump wins, Ukraine falls and Opec production rises to drop prices.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
By half is an embellishment imo (maybe is his goal) but I do believe we will see a minimum 20 to 30 percent reduction in fuel prices under a Trump presidency

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4

This X 1000. Spot on.

Reactions: franklinman

Except gas prices were already way lower under trump before lol now he has to battle bidenomics (inflation) but I have faith

Drill baby drill.

What's interesting is that gas is one of the things I think is least expensive.

I remember filling up one summer back in 2011 or '12 and gas had just hit $4/gallon. If you would have told me then that in 12 years, gas would be around $3.50, I would have taken that offer in a heartbeat.

Gas isn't nearly as expensive as the average person thinks.

Claiming that Trump’s family “has already reaped 2 billion from the Saudis” implies the Saudis gave them 2 billion to keep.

The Saudis invested $2 billion through Kushner’s company. The money still belongs to the Saudis, minus whatever management fees Kushner is charging them. That is a monumental distinction.

What's interesting is that gas is one of the things I think is least expensive.

I remember filling up one summer back in 2011 or '12 and gas had just hit $4/gallon. If you would have told me then that in 12 years, gas would be around $3.50, I would have taken that offer in a heartbeat.

Gas isn't nearly as expensive as the average person thinks.
I agree. Gas prices, far more than "milk", seems to be something "they"( all government) are willing to tweak to make the situation what it needs to be. If things are good and we can sell 5 dollar gas and be buyers elsewhere, they will do that to us.

In a tight election year we will see a drop in October. Milk won't move.

Reactions: abby97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT