ADVERTISEMENT

For those wanting a full Pitt Game replay

I also DVR the games, then rip to a Mpeg, then remove the commercials. Oh yes, I am retired and don't have much of a life.

I also do this for the Razorback games. The last two versus Toledo and Texas Tech????

Not sure why I do this, as I seldom watch the replays.

Reactions: hawks222-222
That helmet to helmet hit on CJ at about 38:50. was cringe-worthy. I can't believe they didn't call that. Also, I think it was a late hit on CJ at 33:35. The guy completely followed through and decked CJ when he didn't have the ball.

Why would an Iowa fan not have btn2go?

Because not every cable company offers it.

It was only a year or so ago that Mediacom signed on, so it was completely unavailable to 99% of the Iowa City area before then. I had to "borrow" my grandparents Dish account/password in order to use it.

And again, not everyone has cable at all, forget the provider not offering it. The cause is unavailability of both time and money. In fact, as soon as I can dump the old tube TV lingering in my basement, my home will be 100% TV set-free. (though I will still have an antenna). I only watch a few sporting events a year, and most of those are somewhere other than home.

I had a collection going of DVDs of games from 2003-05 (wish I'd started a year sooner, right?). I did watch some a time or two in the years immediately after that, but if I don't have time for regular TV, how the heck am I going to watch some ten year old football game I already know the result of, even if it is a classic? So as much as I like the sound of having a library of great Iowa football games at my fingertips, would it really be used? For me, no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT