ADVERTISEMENT

For those who are petrified of life after Kirk…

Indiana is living proof in the era of NIL and the transfer portal that with the right coach a program can be turned around in one year.

That’s all.
YEp, best thing to do for some teams is fired your coach, get a good up and comer coach who can bring a boat load of good players with him, and of course get more transfers.

Yes. Indiana is a prime example of what happens to most teams with a coaching change. Ignore Alabama, Washington, Nebraska, Purdue, Wisconsin, etc. Indiana is much more likely to happen than any of those schools.
Uhhhm…Alabama’s coach retired, Washington’s coach took the Bama job, Paul Chryst was flailing, and Nebraska has been a shit show for over a decade.

Whatever point you thought you made was an epic fail.

The greater point is one bad coaching hire isn’t going to put a program in a massive hole that takes years to climb out of. Programs can be turned around essentially overnight.

But, yeah, stick with Kirk. Twenty-five years is just not long enough to get everything cleaned up that needs to be for Kirk ball to really take off.

What an absolute pathetic display. There is absolutely no defending this level of pathetic.

I don’t care if they find a way to come back and win this. I don’t care how many gams they win this year.

Enough is enough.

Be careful what you ask for, remember what happened when we ran Tom Davis off.

Rob Riggle Challenge GIF by ABC Network

World beaters one week another Ferentz Shitfest the next. Why does any Iowa fan have a fear or concern about life after Ferentz? Next week Kinnick will be packed and we'll be talking about Ferentz being 4 games away from tying Woody Hayes if we beat Northwestern and our possible Bowl in Florida. W.G.A.S.!

What an absolute pathetic display. There is absolutely no defending this level of pathetic.

I don’t care if they find a way to come back and win this. I don’t care how many gams they win this year.

Enough is enough.
This is as flat, unprepared and uninspired as we’ve come out since….????

Reactions: JLDHAWK

Enough is enough.
That’s why you don’t knee jerk react from one game to the next. You have to look at the body of work. We saw what the Iowa offense did after the anomaly Ohio State game in 2017. This movie plays out in similar fashion every year.

How many said I was nuts after I finally decided I had had enough at halftime of the Minnesota game? I doubt too many are saying that now.

The body of work is clear: From nepotism to cowardly offense to absolute stubbornness, it’s time to retire Kirk ball. It’s been time.

Reactions: stickman80
Uhhhm…Alabama’s coach retired, Washington’s coach took the Bama job, Paul Chryst was flailing, and Nebraska has been a shit show for over a decade.

Whatever point you thought you made was an epic fail.

The greater point is one bad coaching hire isn’t going to put a program in a massive hole that takes years to climb out of. Programs can be turned around essentially overnight.

But, yeah, stick with Kirk. Twenty-five years is just not long enough to get everything cleaned up that needs to be for Kirk ball to really take off.
Umm a coaching change is a coaching change. Give me a list of as many new coaches that have turned their program around this year just to prove my list isn’t the norm.

Also “epic fail”…. lol.

Umm a coaching change is a coaching change. Give me a list of as many new coaches that have turned their program around this year just to prove my list isn’t the norm.

Also “epic fail”…. lol.
You must be related to @Frosty7130 Flakes.
Wow. “A coaching change is a coaching change…” LMAO. Okay. Yeah, because Alabama, Washington, and Michigan were all trying to move on from coaches who took their teams to the CFP. Excellent point. And Nebraska should have stuck with Frost and Wisconsin should have extended Paul Chryst through 2032. Btw, has Nebraska been better since Matt Rhule took over? Without question. Jesus.

Again, though, the point is one bad hire isn’t a death sentence to a program. When a change is needed, a change is needed. But if you enjoy Kirk ball, more power to you.

Reactions: Bierhalter
You must be related to @Frosty7130 Flakes.
Wow. “A coaching change is a coaching change…” LMAO. Okay. Yeah, because Alabama, Washington, and Michigan were all trying to move on from coaches who took their teams to the CFP. Excellent point. And Nebraska should have stuck with Frost and Wisconsin should have extended Paul Chryst through 2032. Btw, has Nebraska been better since Matt Rhule took over? Without question. Jesus.

Again, though, the point is one bad hire isn’t a death sentence to a program. When a change is needed, a change is needed. But if you enjoy Kirk ball, more power to you.
Nice word salad without answering the question I asked.

Indiana is living proof in the era of NIL and the transfer portal that with the right coach a program can be turned around in one year.

That’s all.
They won’t be petrified when Iowa has to replace like 20 starters next year, loses old fringe nfl players like Castro and Higgins and Johnson, and suffers many bad losses en route to a losing season in 25.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
They won’t be petrified when Iowa has to replace like 20 starters next year, loses old fringe nfl players like Castro and Higgins and Johnson, and suffers many bad losses en route to a losing season in 25.
Yep.

Next season will be a train wreck. Might as well begin the next chapter of Iowa football.

2 problems:

* KF has a $30M buyout. Who's gonna cut that check when we can barely compete in NIL?

* He is signed thru 2029.

Only hope is that Kirk doesn't want to completely destroyed the program on his way out.

Otherwise we are stuck for at least 3 more years.... Program will be completely DEAD for the next coach. GREAT!

Also “epic fail”…. lol.

I would say Nebraska actually looks more improved with their coaching change. They will at least make a bowl this year.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
2 problems:

* KF has a $30M buyout. Who's gonna cut that check when we can barely compete in NIL?

* He is signed thru 2029.
Ideally, Kirk will be convinced to retire. That’s what I am hoping for. I believe that’s what most of us want. I don’t want him fired. For someone who has been here this long, getting fired for anything outside of moral turpitude should be off the table.

You are right, though. Kirk has Iowa by the balls thanks to Barta. If Kirk insists on staying, then he is staying. Unless Kinnick turns into a ghost town and the donor money stops rolling in, I see no scenario where Kirk is forced out against his will.

Other than Wetjen's constantly setting the offense up with good field position on kick returns, RVZ's two tough catches for a 1stdown & a TD, and the one time KJ got loose, name one good thing Iowa did in this game.

It's ok, I'll wait patiently.
We won the penalties game again.

Clean program. Disciplined. This is what Iowa must practice most of the week. Follow the rules. Don’t make an infraction

Reactions: Bierhalter
I like KF and the blue collar culture he’s helped sustain at Iowa. That being said… are we really gonna go 7-5 for the next 5 years because we’re afraid of being 4-8?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT