ADVERTISEMENT

For Your Viewing Pleasure : The 1986 Holiday Bowl

The Holiday Bowl has produced some exciting games over the years. Happy Iowa is playing in it again.
all these years I been here in tx and it's been big 12 meaning the longhorns and other teams vs the pac. I been kind of jealous. now lately the big ten back in this thing. I like it. wish we were back in the Alamo bowl too. I noticed the horns ot in the Alamo again. no brainer as far as fans coming down from Austin.

Two buddy's and I drove over from Phoenix, with no tickets or a place to stay. We solved both problems for practically no money. We had a blast.

I do not recall that Marv Cook did the kickoffs!! But then, 1986 was a great party year for me!! Lucky I recall anything I did that year. But I did meet the future Mrs. OiT, in 1986. No pics.

I’ve hinted at this for years here, but I will let the cat out of the bag: Marv Cook is my Dad’s second cousin. I’m related to Hawkeye royalty. Interestingly a number of my relatives on that side were soccer players. This might be related to your point. This game is a staple on ESPN Classic during bowl season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT