ADVERTISEMENT

Former Colorado (now MSU) HC Mel Tucker tweeted on Feb 8: "I am committed to @CUBuffsFootball"

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
The full tweet: “While I am flattered to be considered for the HC job (at Michigan State), I am committed to (Colorado) for #TheBuild of our program, its great athletes, coaches & supporters. #UnfinishedBusiness #GoBuffs.”

4 days after issuing this tweet, however (yesterday, Wed Feb 12), Mel Tucker was introduced in East Lansing as MSU's 25th head football coach.

Mel Tucker might be a bigger sleeze ball than Dantonio. Think about that for a second. This impacts assistant coaches, recruits, recent commits and current players from both schools.

Should all of the MSU and Colorado 2020 commits be allowed to re-open recruitment if they wish to?

Watch this video; there is a lot of fallout now that Tucker has left Colorado for Michigan State.

Last edited:
The full tweet: “While I am flattered to be considered for the HC job (at Michigan State), I am committed to (Colorado) for #TheBuild of our program, its great athletes, coaches & supporters. #UnfinishedBusiness #GoBuffs.”

4 days after issuing this tweet, however (yesterday, Wed Feb 12), Mel Tucker was introduced in East Lansing as MSU's 25th head football coach.

Mel Tucker might be a bigger sleeze ball than Dantonio. Think about that for a second. This impacts assistant coaches, recruits, recent commits and current players from both schools.

Should all of the MSU and Colorado 2020 commits be allowed to re-open recruitment if they wish to?

Watch this video; there is a lot of fallout now that Tucker has left Colorado for Michigan State.

I don't understand the need to start another thread on MSU's head coach.

Colorado is a tough place to succeed. State doesn't produce enough high end talent. States around it are just as bad if not worse. That said this hire is a bit of a reach for MSU.

Colorado is a tough place to succeed. State doesn't produce enough high end talent. States around it are just as bad if not worse. That said this hire is a bit of a reach for MSU.

Indeed. I don’t know why they didn’t go with a proven winner, like Art Briles? He rebuilt a completely dormant Baylor program and is a perfect cultural match for MSU.

They certainly had success under McCartney, was he paying guys to play there? His early-mid 90's teams were extremely good.

Any bears fan can remember this guy was the worst DC ever. Yet some how he managed to land a HC job 5-6 years later and some how parlay it to a better job after going 5-7 in 1 year is mind boggling to me.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
How is this guy going to make a reported $5.4MM salary with his resume?! This would place him in the top 10 (replaces fitzgerald at #10)!

This whole situation could be solved quite easily. Every player should be allowed 1 transfer without any consequences. This takes out any subjective analysis by the NCAA. IMO, the school should be as important as the coach a player commits to.
"Sorry, you're not ready for the our team yet. Go ahead and go to a team like Iowa, so they can spend their $/scholly building your body and skills. Then we'll go ahead and pick you up in a couple years if you turn into a good player."

No thanks. If they say you get 1 free pass if your head coach or position coach leaves, I'd be fine with that.

The blue bloods don't need even more help!

Reactions: Smokinthereiff
There are no transfer portals in real life...... says the guy starting his 3rd job in 3 years... no credibility issues here.

but, but, but it’s different for me...
they are welcome to quit playing and get a regular job

i wonder what employer AJE and TW will "CHOOSE" for their upcoming "real life" jobs ;)

How is this guy going to make a reported $5.4MM salary with his resume?! This would place him in the top 10 (replaces fitzgerald at #10)!
They were saying on PTI yesterday that the Big Ten Network makes so much money and each school gets a lot from it. A LOT. More than the SEC school from their network.

they are welcome to quit playing and get a regular job

i wonder what employer AJE and TW will "CHOOSE" for their upcoming "real life" jobs ;)

I forgot to put the quote marks from Coach Tucker "There are no transfer portals in life", as he decides to 'transfer' to his 3rd job in 3 years. Appears that he is utilizing his 'transfer portal'

Reactions: Niko13
If I'm 18, a CU offer, I'm in. Legal smoke there!:)

Wilbon graduated from Northwestern and so did Mike Greenburg from ESPN. They both very publicly express their hate for Iowa. Sounds like an inferiority complex to me.

Here, on Feb 5, he is talking to a commit, telling him he made the right decision. But hey, he asked how his mom was doing....

He ends the call with "This is not the end, it's just the beginning...."

Watch:

Boulder is stunningly gorgeous. I'm looking out my window from just south of Red Rocks at the Flatirons as I type this and I never tire of the view. The only thing in Iowa that even approaches that is Decorah. The campus is, except for some of the earliest buildings, built in Tuscan style (including Folsum Field) that really sets it off against the backdrop of the Flatirons. The problem CU has (one CSU has even more) is that a huge portion of the population in the Front Range is not from here. Tons (I do mean tons) of Iowa fans out here. Same for Nebbie, OSU, Wisconsin and Michigan (and even somewhat true for ISU). I often joke that Denver is Iowa's biggest city and it's not far from the truth. There are four partners here, two Michigan alums, me and a Utah alum. And we are all rabid fans of our schools. And we are very typical. So, no one gives a hoot about CU, CSU or Air Force, everybody cares about the Broncos and bars all over town are full on college game days for teams like Iowa. Years ago, CU played Iowa in BB when Dr. Tom was in Iowa City. I got tickets two rows behind the Iowa bench for $16/seat the day of the game on a walk-up basis to the CU ticket office next to Folsum. Really. The crowd was at least 2/3's Iowa fans. When CU beat Debbie last year, Folsum was a sea of red. Nebraska even has its own store on the main drag in Estes Park. That's the environment out here for local school college athletics. It's pathetic, but most college sports fans could give a rip, b/c they're watching their team (Iowa, Nebbie, Michigan) either at home or in a bar. My daughter is a CSU alum and still lives in Ft. Collins (maybe the coolest town in the USA). I've told myself each of the past 3 years that I really need to go to a CSU game at the new on-campus Canvas Stadium. It's gorgeous. Not huge, but appropriate for CSU. But just like that arch east of Kearney on I-80, I never have stopped and attended a game. Brand new stadium. State of the art. But NO ONE goes. Here's one gameday. https://thespun.com/mountain-west/colorado-state/colorado-state-crowd-loss-illinois-state

Last edited:
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

EQrSPelXUAEirXt

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT