ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Four-star WR Micah Jones talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Four-star WR talks Iowa visit
Blair Sanderson | Editor

mzxmfa6pgwp0ak6spidg

Four-star wide receiver Micah Jones visited Iowa on Saturday.

Class of 2018 wide receiver Micah Jones has been to Iowa a number of times, but never for a night game before. That was until this weekend when the four-star prospect had a chance to watch Iowa’s 42-3 win over Iowa State under the lights at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday night. Afterwards, we caught up with the 6-foot-5, 196-pound Jones to get a complete update.

Q: Overall, how did it go at Iowa yesterday?

JONES: It went great. I loved it. As always, it was a great time in Iowa City.

Q: What did you take away from the visit?

JONES: I loved the atmosphere of the night game. It was crazier than usual (laugh). It was also crazy to see how dedicated the fans are. Some even knew me and came up and talked to me, which was fun to see.

Q: Which coaches did you get to talk with and what was their message?

JONES: I talked to all of the coaches. Overall, their message was, “Come to Iowa,” or “Come home,” as they say. It was great getting to see them again.

Q: What’s next for you recruiting wise? What other college games are you seeing this season?

JONES: I have Notre Dame-Stanford. Then I’m trying to get down to Michigan State, Illinois, and Ohio State if I can. Maybe a Wisconsin game too, but we will see what happens.

A four-star recruit in the Class of 2018, Jones holds scholarship offers from Iowa, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Illinois, Northwestern, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, and Syracuse, among others.

Currently, he has a top five of Iowa, Notre Dame, MSU, Illinois, and Northwestern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News