ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman interview

Just watched a video of his interview by someone. He said he now weighs 247!! I thought last year he was at around 220 or 230. That should help him a lot playing against B1G centers. So if he can stop fouling he should be a force to be reckoned with!!
It'll be OK if he's just as fast and quick. If not, then it was a dumb thing to do.

Basketball is not supposed to be about who's the biggest and strongest. It was designed exactly the opposite. It is supposed to be about quickness, speed, and finesse. To the degree it's about anything else, it's not basketball.

I hear Iowa has a fine rugby team, so if you're looking for big and strong, go watch them. Me--I prefer watching basketball as it was intended to be played.

It'll be OK if he's just as fast and quick. If not, then it was a dumb thing to do.

Basketball is not supposed to be about who's the biggest and strongest. It was designed exactly the opposite. It is supposed to be about quickness, speed, and finesse. To the degree it's about anything else, it's not basketball.

I hear Iowa has a fine rugby team, so if you're looking for big and strong, go watch them. Me--I prefer watching basketball as it was intended to be played.
Not sure how you think "basketball was intended to be played", but there is far more freedom of movement in the game today than a few decades ago. Do you want officials to go back to actually calling traveling and carrying the ball. It would require a huge adjustment for kids today.

If Freeman added 10-15 lbs of muscle, that will be a good thing.

Wrong. Basketball was about height and speed in the old days when they actually encouraged players not to lift weights.

By the time Jordan was playing, guys were far more muscular and athletic as a result and it ushered in a much more exciting brand of basketball.

If you want to watch beanpoles shoot 12 footers through a peach basket, be my guest. I prefer to see the modern game.

I recall Garza added a lot of weight his senior year and did ok. I think he was 255ibs? Center in the Big requires some beef. But adding weight is not always the right move.

So wrong. You have obviously never been guarded by someone much stronger than you in the paint. Strength is huge in basketball.

I get what you’re saying, and you’re right that this game was not intended to be about physical contact and bullying…..but that’s where it’s at now. In the 1970s when I was in high school, they called “touch” fouls….it was a completely different game.

That said, it seems that physical bullying defense pushing the extremes of what officials will allow is widely accepted and adopted by a vast majority of teams.

Women’s basketball is closest to what the game was originally intended to be….. and yet some women’s teams are following the hack, grab, push, pull style defense as well.

Wrong. Basketball was about height and speed in the old days when they actually encouraged players not to lift weights.

By the time Jordan was playing, guys were far more muscular and athletic as a result and it ushered in a much more exciting brand of basketball.

If you want to watch beanpoles shoot 12 footers through a peach basket, be my guest. I prefer to see the modern game.
Centers and PFs were definitely not beanpoles several decades ago.

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT