ADVERTISEMENT

Friday News Dump

Adam Jacobi

HR MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022
Hey all — it's 5 pm on a Friday afternoon, in the middle of summer, so that can only mean one thing: news dump time.

No way to address this except directly, so here goes: I'm taking some time off from the site, as next week I will be undergoing a procedure that requires a hospital stay and some physical recovery work. I'll spare you all the gory details, but the procedure is to permanently address a painful condition that has persisted since January and limited my ability to travel, work, and give this site the consistent level of attention it needs and deserves.

Ross and Eliot have been absolutely exemplary stepping up this year, and they'll be steering the ship through July and into the first part of football preseason. Eliot will continue to attend press availabilities (Iowa football's next one is on Tuesday) and the Big Ten Media Days in a couple weeks, and Ross will continue to write, edit, and handle other staff administrative duties. Give them a little bit of grace and goodwill, please; their workloads have been frankly more than they signed up for.

I'm already eager to get healthy and back at it — I've been putting this announcement off for as long as possible, probably too long. But ultimately, as subscribers I owe you all some measure of transparency on what's been going on and what's to come.

Speaking of what's to come — our first podcast went live last night, so be sure to listen, subscribe, review, all those things that make podcast apps happy. We're also working with the Rivals tech team on some awesome* new site features for football season, so we're as optimistic about the future of this place as ever.

*no pun intended, for once.

Godspeed, have a great weekend, and I'll talk to y'all again soon.

Adam Jacobi
Publisher, Go Iowa Awesome

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News