ADVERTISEMENT

Friendship By Accident

Lambertt

HR All-State
Jan 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Short story on how I started following Iowa Wrestling. Sitting in the city park one afternoon having lunch and noticed a man and his wife having trouble moving a picnic table. So I decided to help them and the closer I got I noticed they must be Iowa Wrestling fans. They were wearing Hawkeye caps, sweatshirts, and had a Hawkeye cooler and cups all pertaining to Hawkeye Wrestling. Well I found out they were from Cresco, Iowa and they were attending a wedding. From there our friendship grew. A month later I received a package with a Hawkeye cap, sweatshirt, stocking cap, and key chain. In return I sent them a package full of Lehigh apparel. Still keep in touch. Wonderful people.

Short story on how I started following Iowa Wrestling. Sitting in the city park one afternoon having lunch and noticed a man and his wife having trouble moving a picnic table. So I decided to help them and the closer I got I noticed they must be Iowa Wrestling fans. They were wearing Hawkeye caps, sweatshirts, and had a Hawkeye cooler and cups all pertaining to Hawkeye Wrestling. Well I found out they were from Cresco, Iowa and they were attending a wedding. From there our friendship grew. A month later I received a package with a Hawkeye cap, sweatshirt, stocking cap, and key chain. In return I sent them a package full of Lehigh apparel. Still keep in touch. Wonderful people.
OMG.....his name wasn't Ironbird was it??????

Are you a Lehigh grad? My cousins grandson is now their Heavy. Good kid who lost his Dad 10-12 years ago.

Cresco Iowa. Home of the late, great Dr. Harold Nichols, and wrestling star Danny Waid.

I have a friend in NJ who is a Lehigh alum and big wrestling fan. I went to a couple meets with him. They have a great facility for meets and get some nice crowds. Also good sports bars to grab a meal afterwards!

Reactions: Lambertt
Norman Ernest Borlaug too. Hard to believe such a tiny out-of-the way town could have such an impact.

Great catch 'pablow'. Norman Borlaug, small town rural Iowa.
220px-Wrestling_-_Norman_Borlaug.jpg
bios-new.jpg

Reactions: Gusaford
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT