ADVERTISEMENT

From the "12 Saturdays Podcast:" DJK was using cocaine during the 2010 Minny game

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
How did I not know this? Was he using all season? Or just that game?

Here's the link to the podcast: http://bulliesofthebigten.com/epic-fail/

This is brought up at the 24:40 mark. Tom Kakert brings up that DJK was the only one who showed up at the 2010 game at Minnesota; and then one of the co-hosts says, "Cocaine is a helluva drug, Tom." The other co-host then says, "Well, he should have shared, then." Tom soon replies, "Speed balls for everyone in the locker room."

Last edited:
Reactions: buchs
I was at that game and it was cold, freaking cold. DJK acted like he was the only one that wanted to be there. The rest of the players just seemed to be going through the motions during that game. The coaching staff was very frustrated with the kids that day. That loss pissed everyone off as we couldn't wait to get out of that stadium.

This is brought up at the 24:40 mark. Tom Kakert brings up that DJK was the only one who showed up at the 2010 game at Minnesota; and then one of the co-hosts says, "Cocaine is a helluva drug, Tom." The other co-host then says, "Well, he should have shared, then." Tom soon replies, "Speed balls for everyone in the locker room."

I am neither a lawyer nor do I play one on TV--and I have no connection with DJK--but comments like that are not funny. Not to me, at least. If I were DJK, I might find those words slanderous.

At best, I find those comments a poor attempt at humor. I wonder how the podcast fellas would feel if someone made similar public statements to "explain" their stupid commentary.

People need to be more responsible for what they say, write, podcast, or otherwise disseminate to the public. We all retain an obligation to treat others as we would like to be treated. Everybody thinks they're a comedian. Well, comments like that are, IMHO, dumb and totally indefensible.

BTW: If you notice my tagline from Voltaire, I would point out that free speech does have legal limitations called libel (written) and slander (spoken).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am neither a lawyer nor do I play one on TV--and I have no connection with DJK--but comments like that are not funny. Not to me, at least. If I were DJK, I might find those words slanderous.

At best, I find those comments a poor attempt at humor. I wonder how the podcast fellas would feel if someone made similar public statements to "explain" their stupid commentary.

People need to be more responsible for what they say, write, podcast, or otherwise disseminate to the public. We all retain an obligation to treat others as we would like to be treated. Everybody thinks they're a comedian. Well, comments like that are, IMHO, dumb and totally indefensible.

This. +1,000,000.

I was at that game and it was cold, freaking cold. DJK acted like he was the only one that wanted to be there. The rest of the players just seemed to be going through the motions during that game. The coaching staff was very frustrated with the kids that day. That loss pissed everyone off as we couldn't wait to get out of that stadium.

I was at that game too. And I agree, DJK was the only one playing hard, it seemed. It was a bad ending to a disappointing season.

BTW: If you notice my tagline from Voltaire, I would point out that free speech does have legal limitations called libel (written) and slander (spoken).

Did you listen to that part of the podcast? I just found it very weird, where it seemed the 3 podcasters were serious, and at the same time they were making fun of DJK for using drugs during that game

I knew DJK was a character, but was he a drug user when at Iowa?

It's a well-known joke from a comedy skit show. Very apparent for anybody who gets the reference that it's a joke. Sorry to those who don't get the reference or have no sense of humor.

Reactions: Eternal Return
It's a well-known joke from a comedy skit show. Very apparent for anybody who gets the reference that it's a joke. Sorry to those who don't get the reference or have no sense of humor.

I did not get the reference. Is there a related YouTube video?

So, to be clear, all of what was said by the 3 podcasters related to DJK and drug use is not true and the 3 podcasters were simply joking around at DJK's expense?

Again, this is what they said:

"Cocaine is a helluva drug, Tom." The other co-host then says, "Well, he [DJK] should have shared, then." Tom soon replies, "Speed balls for everyone in the locker room."

Even if that's true, making those comments about a specific individual in public sounds to my untrained ear more like defamation and slander than humor. But maybe that's just me.

And as Will Rogers said [Google him], "Everything's funny when it's happening to somebody else."

Reactions: Franisdaman
I did not get the reference. Is there a related YouTube video?

So, to be clear, all of what was said by the 3 podcasters related to DJK and drug use is not true and the 3 podcasters were simply joking around at DJK's expense?

Again, this is what they said:

"Cocaine is a helluva drug, Tom." The other co-host then says, "Well, he [DJK] should have shared, then." Tom soon replies, "Speed balls for everyone in the locker room."
You don’t remember that DJK lived with a drug dealer?

Did you listen to that part of the podcast? I just found it very weird, where it seemed the 3 podcasters were serious, and at the same time they were making fun of DJK for using drugs during that game

I knew DJK was a character, but was he a drug user when at Iowa?
I'm not sure anyone here could give you a solid answer on that, other then speculation. It was reported at the time that DJK roomed with a known drug dealer, and that there were parties at the house, some of which were attended by some of the players. There was certainly a rift on that team, from a leadership standpoint, and have always wondered how all that might have been involved. Of course then the starting RB, was suspended from the bowl game, and eventually removed from the team for issues with pot. Another starter on the defense failed a drug test, at the NFL combine. Can't remember another season where this kind of thing went on with several key starters, and believe it had something to do with the demise of that season.

You don’t remember that DJK lived with a drug dealer?

I guess I am trying to forget everything about that 2010 season LOL

That podcast really surprised me; I had to listen to that portion a few times, trying to figure out if they were serious or not; and to be honest? I am not sure.

I'm not sure anyone here could give you a solid answer on that, other then speculation. It was reported at the time that DJK roomed with a known drug dealer, and that there were parties at the house, some of which were attended by some of the players. There was certainly a rift on that team, from a leadership standpoint, and have always wondered how all that might have been involved. Of course then the starting RB, was suspended from the bowl game, and eventually removed from the team for issues with pot. Another starter on the defense failed a drug test, at the NFL combine. Can't remember another season where this kind of thing went on with several key starters, and believe it had something to do with the demise of that season.

Thank you for this.

I always thought chemistry and a "me first" attitude is what brought that 2010 team down; so much was expected from that team

Adam Robinson probably has CTE from all the concussions he'd taken in an Iowa uniform. Not upset about his "issues" with pot.

Good lord this thread should be set on fire it's so dumb.

_Tyrone20Biggums.jpg

DJK played his ass off for the Hawks for 4 years. I'll always appreciate what he did for us.
LOL....That's why this country is a piece of shit...because we hold NO one to any morals or standards. As long as YOUR entertained, who gives a shit if they are snorting coke, are grabbing women by the vagina, etc...etc...etc... right!

Reactions: Speedway1
Word is DJK and other Hawks went Ronnie Harmon on that one to pay their dealer. That performance has red flags all over it.

Ha! This is really funny. We were joking around. My gosh, anyone who couldn't tell that, I don't know what I can do to help you. I can't believe you took any of that seriously.

DJK takes a super late hit on the Iowa sideline in that game and not one of his teammates comes after the Minnesota guy, that definitely tells you there was something up between him and the rest of the team by that point.

LOL....That's why this country is a piece of shit...because we hold NO one to any morals or standards. As long as YOUR entertained, who gives a shit if they are snorting coke, are grabbing women by the vagina, etc...etc...etc... right!

DJK grabbed a woman by the vagina? I thought only presidents could do that. I'm placing cocaine use way below sexual assault on the totem pole of bad things people could do. The guy wasn't evil and he has made sincere apologies for what he'd done. He served his time. Trump hasn't apologized or served time ... yet.

Reactions: TripleCherry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT