ADVERTISEMENT

From your friends in Lincoln.

At the end of the day I get their celebrating. When you can't beat a team then you have to put all your fruit in someone else's basket I guess.
If Kinnick had some type of technology that allowed for highlights of games to be played before the game started - who is a team in college football the Iowa fans wouldn’t cheer with that type of play?

In fairness the crowd had a louder cheer for Notre Dame’s highlight than Iowa’s.

It’s an exciting play for non-fans and had Iowa had been the one making the kick there would have been the same amount of cheers due to the excitement of the play.

If Kinnick had some type of technology that allowed for highlights of games to be played before the game started - who is a team in college football the Iowa fans wouldn’t cheer with that type of play?

In fairness the crowd had a louder cheer for Notre Dame’s highlight than Iowa’s.

It’s an exciting play for non-fans and had Iowa had been the one making the kick there would have been the same amount of cheers due to the excitement of the play.
You're going to come here and tell us that Nebraska fans would've enthusiastically cheered Iowa winning in that fashion. My guess is they'd be hoping for wide left.

I think a lot of schools show game ending links/updates like that. I would bet the FG attempt at the end of the ND game was shown everywhere and most of the Big 10 and Big 12 showed the Cyclones FG.
It was. I've seen dozens of final plays of other games on the big screen tvs while watching a game in Memorial Stadium. We used to cheer if Texas or Missouri lost too. You know, like normal fans.

Miserable Iowa fans have to think of ways to feel relevant though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT