ADVERTISEMENT

Fubo is FUBAR!

Hawk_4shur

HR Legend
Jan 2, 2009
I thought I needed to sign up for a free trial of something to watch the Hawks yesterday. Turns out I didn't. My bad.

I saw that Fubo TV had a 7 day free trial. Problem solved I thought, and went to sign up,

Problem #1 - I found it impossible to sign up on the TV. I wasn't allowed to type a password - I had to "say it" on my Roku. The password had to have 8 characters of both letters and numbers. So I would say "apple123" - it would hear that as "apple" and tell me it's not enough characters. Oh, well - went to the PC. Sign up was easy there - had to pick a "package", even though I had no plans to keep it.

Fubo TV is DAM EXPENSIVE! $285 per quarter! Didn't matter, so signed up for that,

Problem #2 - so you get a code that you enter into your phone. No problem - but then had to call them! Irritating, but wanted to see the Hawks!

Problem #3 - once you call them, they upsell you. Said if I went for the annual package of $350, I'd save a lot of money, get even more channels and I WOULD GET TO STREAM IT ON MY TV instead of just my phone. WHAT? Apparently the package I picked could only be viewed on my phone, which is ridiculous! So, I said I'd do the annual package.

Problem #4 - after clicking away on his computer he told me the $350 would be charged today. What happened to the 7 day free trial I asked?? Well, the annual package doesn't have a free trial!

Problem #5 - so, I'm getting pissed, and said I'll go back to the quarterly package and watch the dam game on my phone. He says, "Well, if you want to cancel the annual package we have a cancelation fee. WHAT? I said I'm not even signed up yet and you're going to charge me to cancel??

Problem #6 - now completely pissed, I told him I was NOT going to pay for a cancelation charge! If he put it on my card I would dispute it. He said, "We have you on a recording signing up so you can't dispute it". I said there is no frickin' way I was going to pay it so we'll found out, He relented and signed me back up for the $285 quarterly package to watch ... on my phone - now with a free trial.

As soon as I'm sure I can see the game on ESPN 2 like yesterday, I'll cancel it.

🤬

That is nothing like my experience signing up for them, although their prices have gone up and they are kind of expensive. On the other hand, it's the only way I can watch the Cubs without going through a bunch of hoops with a VPN.

That is nothing like my experience signing up for them, although their prices have gone up and they are kind of expensive. On the other hand, it's the only way I can watch the Cubs without going through a bunch of hoops with a VPN.
Sign up for Uzzu! You get every professional sports game including NFL (and Cubs) for $120/year. Somehow only @Derekd3408 and I are smart enough to have it on this board.

Reactions: Derekd3408
Sign up for Uzzu! You get every professional sports game including NFL (and Cubs) for $120/year. Somehow only @Derekd3408 and I are smart enough to have it on this board.
I've heard of this, I could just never remember what it was actually called.

With TMobile phones we get the mlb package for free, and our t mobile home internet makes it seem like we’re in Minneapolis, when we are in CR. So Cubs game aren’t blacked out, which is cool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT