ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Friday post-Music

abby97

HB Heisman
Sep 16, 2010
Music you like that was never widely known or played.

Mine, The Jags-Album "No Tie Like a Present" great if you like Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, power pop, positive punk, New Wave stuff.

Music you like that was never widely known or played.

power pop, positive punk

200w.gif

"Fed up with all that LSD,
Need more sleep than coke or methamphetamine.
The good times are killing me"

Self-titled debut from The Felice Brothers is great. Oldest Felice brother (wrote second song below) left band after this record and he's missed on later releases but still lots of good albums:

Story about falling for lady of the night:

Did a little Neutral Milk Hotelling last night and this video made me laugh for minutes because Colbert is Literally Me and Jerry everyone in real life. Song is after Comedians in Cars clip.

Spotify gifted me this over past couple years and it's simple, sweet, sad, pretty, and I think not very well known at all:

Reactions: Scott559
Fan favorite from a musician with small hardcore fanbase. Live version dedicated to Robin Williams after his suicide:

Edit to add: beautiful cover recorded by New Zealander pop star Lorde for Hunger Games movie:

Who doesn't love some Minneapolis based ska. I think @SalAunese sometimes plays horns with these guys. Minnesota best place in Midwest for ska with all the lakes and boats and accents

So everybody knows Nelly and most people who were in the know at the time knew of St Lunatics (white people: this was basically Nelly's D12) but most people ignored St Lunatics except when they appeared on Nelly album tracks. They did put out a good album and this is an underappreciated banger I got stoned and walked to the Gateway Arch from my hotel listening to Sunday like a real tourist douche:

More from Midwest. Switching up genres as one should in a Fun Friday music thread. Being unemployed rules (until my severance runs out).

Reactions: lonestar50
Wow. This thread has made me realize how old I've gotten. I don't think there are more than 4 artists on here I've heard of. So I'm dowloading a lot of things to see what I (may) have been missing.

• Love
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Wow. This thread has made me realize how old I've gotten. I don't think there are more than 4 artists on here I've heard of. So I'm dowloading a lot of things to see what I (may) have been missing.

Trust me, you are not the only one. I have a hippie attorney friend out in Denver that goes to Red Rocks all the time. He passess on suggestions. I filter before I put on here.

I found out about Mumford Sons, the Head and the Heart, Avett Brothers, and Noah Gunderson early on thanks to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT