ADVERTISEMENT

Future Debate Proposal

If they just executed it the way CNN did it would be good. The moderators tried helping Biden by cutting him off, but otherwise I thought they did a great job of putting their bias aside for 90 minutes.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I like the ideas presented here, but what I'd like more is to have two mature candidates who can handle a simple debate like we had for the first 200 years of being a country.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
The amount of mind games you have to play with yourself everyday between these threads and the Ukraine invasion thread is mind blowing. Feels like some sort of Stockholm syndrome where you simply cannot allow yourself to see the light and continue to both sides everything. Our country has been ****ed by the idea of "but both sides."

Reactions: BelemNole
Studies show dialogue that happen in the first 15-30 minutes is far more impactful than the rest of the debate. Tacking a fact check at the end, might as well be a post-debate news release,
in terms of effectiveness.

How about we mutually agree to put up candidates that won’t make statements like post-birth abortions?

How about this.

Each candidate gets to pick the moderator that asks questions to the opposing candidate.

The moderator is able to ask 1 follow up per question if the candidate evades answering.

At the end of the debate there is a "fact checking" segment.

Discuss.
I would say having Mayor Pete question and/or fact check Trump would be glorious. Beaten down by a minority female and then a gay...

• Haha
If they just executed it the way CNN did it would be good. The moderators tried helping Biden by cutting him off, but otherwise I thought they did a great job of putting their bias aside for 90 minutes.
Cutting off Trump helps him. Because nothing but stupid comes out of his mouth.

Cutting off Trump helps him. Because nothing but stupid comes out of his mouth.
1. They wouldn't cut him off to help him.
2. Trump did much worse than Kamala, but did you hear anything smart out of either one of them? I didn't. In that regard solely, it was much like the first debate.

1. They wouldn't cut him off to help him.
2. Trump did much worse than Kamala, but did you hear anything smart out of either one of them? I didn't. In that regard solely, it was much like the first debate.

Don't try to spin this as if they came out even. Kamala clearly has the superior intellect, discipline, and emotional intelligence; and that was all demonstrated in the debate.

Reactions: funksouljon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT