ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW BTN.com ranked Iowa

I want Kurt to understand that if his team has to be tough enough to play 4 quarters against Michigan, Wisconsin & Michigan State, then we have to be up to play 4 quarters against Purdue too. Game experience is invaluable, you don't figure this out from a good week of practice. I understand the need to get second & third teamers playing time but you do that by subbing them in individually.

It was a gameplay grade. A grades are indicative of mastery & due to the fact that Purdue came back, we certainly didn't master gameplay for 4 quarters.

Reactions: BigHawksFan
I want Kurt to understand that if his team has to be tough enough to play 4 quarters against Michigan, Wisconsin & Michigan State, then we have to be up to play 4 quarters against Purdue too. Game experience is invaluable, you don't figure this out from a good week of practice. I understand the need to get second & third teamersp laying time but you do that by subbimg them in individually.

It was a gameplay grade. A grades are indicative of mastery & we due to the fact that Purdue came back, we ceratinly didn't master gameplay for 4 quarters.

First, who's Kurt?

Second, people would be pissed as hell if he left the starters in and somebody got hurt. Remember the uproar about A-Rob getting hurt vs MSU. Plus everyone's been screaming that we needed to have a dominant win where we could get some snaps for the second team. We get that and people STILL bitch.

Some of you will find something to bitch about no matter what happens.

First, who's Kurt?

Second, people would be pissed as hell if he left the starters in and somebody got hurt. Remember the uproar about A-Rob getting hurt vs MSU. Plus everyone's been screaming that we needed to have a dominant win where we could get some snaps for the second team. We get that and people STILL bitch.

I think what a lot of people are disappointed with is the obvious severe drop in quality of players from 1st string to 2nd-3rd string. Yes, there will be some dropoff (that's why they aren't starting). However, I would expect the 2nd and 3rd stringers to put up a better fight against Purdue's 1st string and that just wasn't the case. It was men against boys for much of the 4th quarter and Purdue is just not that good.

The game got a lot closer than it should have been and that is the fault of the coaching staff for not having better players top to bottom.

First, who's Kurt?

I am not looking for something to bitch about. Sick & tired of the last 16 years of playing not to lose. We are better than that.

I am not critical but that was not an A performance.

i was not referring to you.. the game thread and other threads post game suggest that some fans will never be happy(maybe they are drunk and or hungover) and it's really annoying.

this site should breathalyze people before they post and then you can see their BAC at time of posting. i kid but seriously it would help.

I am not looking for something to bitch about. Sick & tired of the last 16 years of playing not to lose. We are better than that.
I agree with this. I certainly don't want Iowa to be one of those teams that keeps the 1st string in while beating teams by 50-60 points. That's just embarrassing.

However, too many times over the years Iowa has made games a lot closer because of Kirk's NFL mindset.

Why are some Iowa fans hyper critical, even in victory?

Why can't some people just Be Happy Iowa Won?

I think its because many of them took it personal when Iowa lost to NDSU and another 12-0 regular season was not attainable. Now they have put themselves in the position of not even being able to enjoy a 5-2 3-1 team that is preparing for a game with a TOP10 team that will be a watershed event in the 2016 season.

We have very few loyal Hawkeye fans today. For many of our fans, it's how good can the Hawkeye's make "me" feel. FWIW, it's not about "you".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT