ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans acting like babies

But the players are now getting paid a ton.
But everyone makes mistakes and this is a hard game. Booing shows deep displeasure. Now I have booed refs who have totally mangled games. I would boo a very dirty play or cheating.

Did the cowboys get booed at home yesterday when the Saints rolled into Dallas and rolled the Cowboys. The Lions played like crap in the red zone I read and they lost at home.

I chose to go fishing vs watch the game.

What happened?

The crowd boo or something? If so, what caused the booing?

I've heard some pretty nasty women dropping F-bombs and JFCs in the first series of a game.

No way!! They are way worse today. Well, except for that whole feeding people to the lions thing and various genocides. Those were kinda bad. I guess you're right. People have always sucked.
I mean, a few light genocides are impossible to avoid.

The behavior of a large number of fans is a liability for the program. Any recruits visiting during a game when Iowa is struggling get an eye-opening look at a bunch of adults acting like a**holes.

Iowa fans like to believe they are "the best fans in college football", but their game day behavior definitely doesn't reflect it.
You should probably worry more about the recruits and what they think when they see an Iowa offense struggle against an 0-2 Troy team. But by all means, point the finger at Iowa fans for having unrealistic expectations of a head coach in his 20 something year have issues running a competent offense.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
If you are talking about part of the crowd booing any players then I agree that is crappy behavior. I have gone to 2 hundred plus games there and watched that many on tv I suppose and have never booed a hawk player or even thought about doing it. They are young men trying to do very difficult physical and mental things while opponents are physically engaged with them.

No reason to boo. Fans can boo the head coach as he is getting paid a ton.

I get a bit upset by players and coaches at times for their decisions and actions but most of us do. Booing should be a no no.

Are you saying there was groaning or booing?
The booing isn't great but I'm talking about adults that can't control their emotions in public.

Watching a grown man spiking a sprite bottle over and over while his girlfriend wishes she could disappear. Walking by a group of recruits and hearing disgusting comments from "fans" about certain players on the Iowa team.

Being surrounded by Iowa fans and their terrible attitudes makes it a lot less enjoyable to go to Kinnick. Stop making excuses and grow up. You care too much, your behavior is ugly, and no one wants to be around you.

"Win or lose, we booze" means have a good time no matter what. That's the point of going to games, at least to me.

Honestly, I think Iowa fans have been extremely patient with this team the last 3-4 years. I'm surprised it wasn't worse. If we had losing records, I think it might've been. It's a hard product to watch frankly, let alone, pay money to do so.

Honestly, I think Iowa fans have been extremely patient with this team the last 3-4 years. I'm surprised it wasn't worse. If we had losing records, I think it might've been. It's a hard product to watch frankly, let alone, pay money to do so.
Hey man, that like was an error. Winning 10 games two out of the last three years hasn’t been hard to watch at all. I’ve enjoyed each and every one of those victories ! Even the close loses were at times good entertainment. I will say it is nice to see that we are addressing our offensive deficiencies and making progress. Just what are your expectations ?

Wartburg is about two hours north. Nobody will boo you there.

Of course no packed stadium, no deluxe training, no deluxe food, no tutor programs, no notoriety, no a scholarship, and No NIL Money ( in fact you likely will take out a loan ).

Everybody has choices.

Hey man, that like was an error. Winning 10 games two out of the last three years hasn’t been hard to watch at all. I’ve enjoyed each and every one of those victories ! Even the close loses were at times good entertainment. I will say it is nice to see that we are addressing our offensive deficiencies and making progress. Just what are your expectations ?
I figured lol. It wouldn't be like you to agree with me, even if it is blatantly obvious, I'd never expect that. You can just take it back ya know. Just un-like it.

Listen to any podcast, heck, the local sports shows like I did for most of the day (I'm on the road for work). We're all saying the same thing. It's sisyphean of you trying to tell us all that it was enjoyable to watch but I'd expect nothing less from you or Eyes.

If you liked the last 3 years, great, the other 80-90% of the fanbase didn't. Not surprising people reacted so vehemently after this loss as a result, at least, not to me.

I concur with you absolutely that our offense is progressing nicely. I see it, no doubt. They're not great but I see improvement enough to ease some concerns but there's more work to do. You'll notice I'm not complaining about them nearly as much now.

Last edited:
Go back and find threads during and after the Woodshed game. There was plenty of bitching going on in here.
55-0 Minne? Speaking of Minne. Our hypothetical season bet is not accepted. I just don't gamble. Not a habit I wanna get into.

I chose to go fishing vs watch the game.

What happened?

The crowd boo or something? If so, what caused the booing?
After just coughing up the lead on a 75 yard punt return, some Iowa fans thought we should try to get 75 yards with one minute left in the half, instead we ran the C gap twice then left the field. KJ likely had as good of a chance breaking one without a TO than Cade putting it up for grabs. It was the right call despite the armchair QB's displeasure...

Reactions: F5n5 and shanksit44
The fans should just sit on their hands all game long, with gags tied around their mouths.

I'm sure Iowa & KF will jump up straight to the top of the national recruiting ladder immediately if the despicable fans would just bring their balls of yarn & knitting needles to the games and just sit there quietly while not caring in the slightest about what's happening on the field.

levitatingrmx-stan.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BonzoFury

100%. There is no fan base that wouldn’t have lost their sh*t watching their coach trot out a QB as bad as Deacon Hill for so long. Hell, even Utah Tech benched Hill after 2.5 games. Utah-freaking-Tech trusts their QB depth more than Iowa.

And the cherry on top is that the head coach’s son was the OC, and if it were up to Kirk, Brian would still be the OC.

Look, Kirk has proven himself to be a very good coach. It is easy to take for granted some of the stuff he does at a high level. Iowa is extremely disciplined which leads to high quality player development and Iowa rarely beats themselves in games. But, Kirk has also proven himself to be totally out of touch with respect to the offense - and that is the kindest way to put it.

Yeah, I just hate watching a winning product, myself.

How dare those Hawkeyes win those football games!

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk and RLMHAWK
We have had a shit offense for years, we're down at half, up by 3 going into the 4th, against Troy, and OP can't understand the animosity.

I figured lol. It wouldn't be like you to agree with me, even if it is blatantly obvious, I'd never expect that. You can just take it back ya know. Just un-like it.

Listen to any podcast, heck, the local sports shows like I did for most of the day (I'm on the road for work). We're all saying the same thing. It's sisyphean of you trying to tell us all that it was enjoyable to watch but I'd expect nothing less from you or Eyes.

If you liked the last 3 years, great, the other 80-90% of the fanbase didn't. Not surprising people reacted so vehemently after this loss as a result, at least, not to me.

I concur with you absolutely that our offense is progressing nicely. I see it, no doubt. They're not great but I see improvement enough to ease some concerns but there's more work to do. You'll notice I'm not complaining about them nearly as much now.
80-90% you are delirious. 80-90% of the fans watch the games and enjoy them.

The behavior of a large number of fans is a liability for the program. Any recruits visiting during a game when Iowa is struggling get an eye-opening look at a bunch of adults acting like a**holes.

Iowa fans like to believe they are "the best fans in college football", but their game day behavior definitely doesn't reflect it.
Stop with the calling out fans. Every single fan base. Every single town. Every single city … has good people and bad people. And shocked - every single fan base has people who boo… so good luck controlling … society?

Reactions: AEG82

You sure about that Clark? Little Debbie fans been acting like infants for decades now and they keep getting top recruiting classes.

80-90% you are delirious. 80-90% of the fans watch the games and enjoy them.
Sounds like we're both just throwing out numbers now huh? No way of proving it either way. All I have to base it on is the random fans I meet throughout the mid-southeastern portion of the state. I've got news for you, the overwhelming majority are all ready for KF to go but appreciate what he's done. All ages and all sizes. Regular every day fans/people. That's the gist I'm getting. A lot of "tired" of watching this etc. etc. This is common for me to hear daily from people I've never met before but see me wearing my Iowa cap and they talk to me while they wait for me to finish my inspection.

We're both wrong in our estimates but you might be surprised that a lot of fans don't enjoy watching it as much as you think. That's all I'm saying. But sure, 80-90% is very likely an estimated exaggeration.

I think people watch more often because it's been their team, their state, what they've known, and what they're loyal to. It's not because the product they watch right now, or the last few years is so enjoyable or can't miss TV to those more casual types of fans.

Listen to any news source, they're capitulating to the audience. Making jokes about how amazing it is for Iowa to actually use it's receivers or have a QB throw for 100 yards etc etc. 800 am and 1600 am all day the same thing. It's rough to watch often. They're saying Iowa is a hard product to watch and have been for some time. It's a national theme now and has been.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Sounds like we're both just throwing out numbers now huh? No way of proving it either way. All I have to base it on is the random fans I meet throughout the mid-southeastern portion of the state. I've got news for you, the overwhelming majority are all ready for KF to go but appreciate what he's done. All ages and all sizes. Regular every day fans/people. That's the gist I'm getting. A lot of "tired" of watching this etc. etc. This is common for me to hear daily from people I've never met before but see me wearing my Iowa cap and they talk to me while they wait for me to finish my inspection.

We're both wrong in our estimates but you might be surprised that a lot of fans don't enjoy watching it as much as you think. That's all I'm saying. But sure, 80-90% is very likely an estimated exaggeration.

I think people watch more often because it's been their team, their state, what they've known, and what they're loyal to. It's not because the product they watch right now, or the last few years is so enjoyable or can't miss TV to those more casual types of fans.

Listen to any news source, they're capitulating to the audience. Making jokes about how amazing it is for Iowa to actually use it's receivers or have a QB throw for 100 yards etc etc. 800 am and 1600 am all day the same thing. It's rough to watch often. They're saying Iowa is a hard product to watch and have been for some time. It's a national theme now and has been.
Yup throwing out b.s. numbers is easy. Its just opinion. You'd be surprised but a lot of fans enjoy watching Iowa football just as much as I said.

Some of you all clearly haven’t been to games around the country. Go to some games down south and report back.
No joke. We stopped going to games in Austin. Great fans to pregame with, but turned into absolutely, miserable jerks once inside the stadium.

It was so bizarre. Regardless of age, where we sat, nor if it was an up-or-down season for the Horns. Football was always popular, growing up in Iowa, but truly, down here, it is damn near, fanatical religion.

And newsflash, they would be vocal with their own team, when displeased. Doesn’t stop recruits. In fact, we’ve witnessed the same at Texas Tech, TCU, and Baylor. The only difference being their fans are great to be around.

No joke. We stopped going to games in Austin. Great fans to pregame with, but turned into absolutely, miserable jerks once inside the stadium.

It was so bizarre. Regardless of age, where we sat, nor if it was an up-or-down season for the Horns. Football was always popular, growing up in Iowa, but truly, down here, it is damn near, fanatical religion.

And newsflash, they would be vocal with their own team, when displeased. Doesn’t stop recruits. In fact, we’ve witnessed the same at Texas Tech, TCU, and Baylor. The only difference being their fans are great to be around.
I grew up in Texas, you're not wrong.

Side note. In 2015 I was going to a military school in San Antonio. Two guys and I went to Kansas at Texas homecoming game(one guy was from Texas, the other from New York")" told them both" I’ll get let’s go, hawks yelled at me all night. I wore an Iowa shirt to the game and got let's go hawks yelled at me walking into the stadium. Then, after at a bar on 6th Street, the bartender brought me a drink and said that guy over there bought you this. I look over and this dude opens his jacket and it’s a Kinnick shirt. The two dudes I went with were in shock lol.

Reactions: TXHCHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT