ADVERTISEMENT

Gambling story

Can this program get any worse. What a joke. Just get rid of everything Ferentz. Wouldn't doubt his fat dumb kid was shaving the points.
Much worse actually. Ten consecutive winning seasons during which 5 teams finished ranked. Two division titles. Ten consecutive bowls and four bowl wins. Now go look around our conference. Only Wisconsin better record in the division and some places like Nebraska are terrible. No other team is close. Of course, the East also has Indiana, Maryland and Rutgers. Sparty has had three terrible seasons in the last ten years including a one win Big Ten effort. Then there's Iowa State, five losing seasons in the last ten years, including last year. Never won ten games in a season and been ranked once.

So "can't get any worse" is just a lie, since about 100 programs are worse than Iowa, every season. The slur at Brian is completely unfounded. Why are you posting about a program you obviously hate?

Correct as of now, the original post claiming Arland Bruce was being investigated for placing bets at halftime on his girlfriends account has still not been substantiated. Yet you have the OP and a couple other posters seem to have been cocking their feathers a bit with the news about the baseball team. I don't know if its true or not true, the original post claimed to know fact and it is apparent he has no idea, and this whole post could have been handled so much better.

Correct as of now, the original post claiming Arland Bruce was being investigated for placing bets at halftime on his girlfriends account has still not been substantiated. Yet you have the OP and a couple other posters seem to have been cocking their feathers a bit with the news about the baseball team. I don't know if its true or not true, the original post claimed to know fact and it is apparent he has no idea, and this whole post could have been handled so much better.
Oh, ok Brunsen. I bet you're right as much as you are on OT.

What's the update here, anything noteworthy?

While I can understand how you might think that, women's college basketball officals are horrendously horrendous. Like, worse than local high school refs. I wasn't surprised by any of that.
Fair enough but if they're always that egregious, it's still not worth investing time in.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Hell, I 100% think our basketball championship game was rigged. I'm not normally an attack the referees kind of guy but from now on in sports, I feel I either except cheating as an integral part of the game, or move on from sports altogether. I'm still undecided at this moment.

I know gambling has always been a problem in sports but it's a lot murkier now legally than it used to be in my opinion.
Well, if they rigged it to screw us, they damn near screwed the pooch, because honestly had Reese not been in foul trouble we probably stay in that game if orange fro gal doesn't come in and drop 20 something in about 10 minutes in the first half.

Oh, ok Brunsen. I bet you're right as much as you are on OT.

What's the update here, anything noteworthy?
Your issue is how you presented it. At least spell my name right lol. You may be right there is a possibility even with the revelation tonight Bruce isn't a subject of the investigation . I don’t know. I have claimed as much all along. if you think you handled it correctly, fine. The issue is there were multiple posters in the thread that had concerns about what you posted. Take a cue. I will admit it does appear you had decent intel. It’s kind of like the quote in Spider-Man, with great power (information) comes great responsibility. I know I wouldn’t want to be the one the trashed a kid’s reputation with rumor mill information.

Last edited:
If Bruce is not involved in the gambling information or did not shave points, the problem with the OP and a few sinse, is their defamatory nature. Attacking a persons reputation for integrity, the gambling allegation/rumor, is not protected opinion.

Don't pass damaging rumors about specific people. Cannot stand Bruce and I hope it is true. But thus far no one has mentioned one fact that would support the truth of the allegation against Bruce.

@AuroraHawk you mentioned the dad of our star player was pretty animated about it yesterday. Do we think this is just a case of guys betting on random NFL games as some have said or are they stupid enough to be betting on college games? And honestly I don’t know the rules. If they’re not playing in said game is that against the rules?

My perception is that the situation involves small bets via some type of betting app.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
It’s been a not so hidden secret that Hawk football players were betting on their own games and shaving points. After all it’s a Hawk football tradition, with Ronnie Harmon dropping the Rose Bowl and that coke dealing receiver, Kolunionos Johnson, or whatever his name was throwing the Minny game a decade or so, to shave points.

This football program is just a heap of garbage. Blatant nepotism, washed up 90 year old coach, racial lawsuits, now players shaving points. NCAA do us all a favor and shut it down. Pathetic.
Wasn't DJK the only player to show up to that Minnesota game?

If Bruce is not involved in the gambling information or did not shave points, the problem with the OP and a few sinse, is their defamatory nature. Attacking a persons reputation for integrity, the gambling allegation/rumor, is not protected opinion.

I guess we know why Arland Bruce didn't try to run a defamation claim up the flagpole.

Don't pass damaging rumors about specific people. Cannot stand Bruce and I hope it is true. But thus far no one has mentioned one fact that would support the truth of the allegation against Bruce.
Here is a list of all the games he bet on, including many that he played in. Such as the Nebraska game where he conveniently muffed a punt.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT