ADVERTISEMENT

Game day question

Mar 21, 2021
I saw that Gameday will be at Iowa- Ohio St next weekend. Anyone know the rules for entry? We don’t have game tickets because they are outrageously expensive but I would consider making the trip to Iowa with my kids for gameday as a consolation for not getting to see a game this year. Would we be able to get in?

Given how close the game starts (noon) to typical end of Gameday (11 am), my guess is you'd have to have a ticket to get in.

Last year they only let people who had a ticket to the game into College Gameday because there wasn't enough time to clear out the arena because of the early tip. I assume it will be the same next week

Yeah, I agree. I didn't have tickets to last year's game and wanted to go. Bluder even said on her radio show last year that Gameday was open to every but the athletic department had to clarify. Maybe they can do things different this time, who knows?

Gameday is on Saturday and game is on sunday on Fox. I dont understand the logic of having Gameday when there is no game that day!

I thought it was only on Saturdays they did Gameday? I actually had no imformation but that makes sense. Might be the first gameday on a sunday.
GameDay for basketball is more flexible. It was at Virginia Tech yesterday for their women's game.

Now, I wish FOX would do a GameDay type of show and set it right by the ESPN desk. That would be hilarious. Maybe the Big Ten Network?

So how will it work for basketball then? Do they have the show going on inside carver a few hours before tip off? If so, I’d have to imagine that you’d have to have a ticket then but who knows. As someone else said, it’s going to be gorgeous out so that would be cool if they had it outside.

My wife and I are going and I’m not sure how early we need to get there for Gameday stuff

GameDay is 10am to 11am Iowa time.

Looks like i will have to miss it. Church first, Then Basketball.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
So how will it work for basketball then? Do they have the show going on inside carver a few hours before tip off? If so, I’d have to imagine that you’d have to have a ticket then but who knows. As someone else said, it’s going to be gorgeous out so that would be cool if they had it outside.

My wife and I are going and I’m not sure how early we need to get there for Gameday stuff
seems like doors open at 9, so the stands can be full

Looks like i will have to miss it. Church first, Then Basketball.

You could go here. :)

nike-just-do-it-hq-chicago-church-1650.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT