ADVERTISEMENT

Game Stream

hawktech

HR All-State
Aug 6, 2002
This year, and every year going forward, are going to make it a PITA to watch Hawkeye Basketball!?! Every other game is on a network that I do not have. :mad:

If someone could share a streaming link, that would be much appreciated!!

ESPNU is not BTN plus.
I will need to add $10 a month of extra sports pkg to my Sling tv orange account to watch tomorrow night.

Last edited:
This year, and every year going forward, are going to make it a PITA to watch Hawkeye Basketball!?! Every other game is on a network that I do not have. :mad:

If someone could share a streaming link, that would be much appreciated!!

ESPNU is not BTN plus.
I will need to add $10 a month of extra sports pkg to my Sling tv orange account to watch tomorrow night.

I am guessing nonattractive games (to the networks) in 2024 will be on Peacock (instead of ESPNU).

Whenever I am not sure about the channel (or the stream), I google iowa mens basketball schedule. I originally thought both of tomorrow's games were on BTN Plus. I am glad I double checked.

I am guessing nonattractive games (to the networks) in 2024 will be on Peacock (instead of ESPNU).

Whenever I am not sure about the channel (or the stream), I google iowa mens basketball schedule. I originally thought both of tomorrow's games were on BTN Plus. I am glad I double checked.
They are not,unfortunately. Hence the need of a stream link...

e57.jpg

Reactions: QChawks

It depends on who owns the rights to the game. A few rules to remember:
  • For non-conference games, the rights belong to the home team. For example, when Iowa plays at ISU it's governed by the TV contract for the Big 12. So the ESPN family of networks can choose to televise the game.
  • For games governed by the Gavitt Games or Big 10/ACC challenge, usually a network (like FOX or ESPN) has the right to televise. It's why Iowa's Gavitt Games game is on FS1. And why the game at GTech is on the ESPN family.
  • For one-off games at a neutral site like Iowa at Duke for in the Jimmy V Classic, ESPN has the rights to that game.
  • For special exempt tournaments, it's up to whatever contract the tournament came up with to televise. The Emerald Coast Classic, the right are with CBS Sports Network.
  • For all other home non-conference games and home/away games in the Big 10 conference games, there is a pecking order of who picks up games and what rules. Starting in 2024, the networks televising Big 10 games include: CBS (they will start by doing 15 games per year, as well as Big 10 tournament semifinals and finals), FOX/FS1, BTN and Peacock. The press release did not mention any games on BTN+. A few of the non-con games this year on are on BTN+.
In general, these networks and schools know the demand is high to watch live sports. They will wring the most money out of consumers they can, which means you will have to subscribe to multiple streaming/cable services if you want to watch all of the games. Not great, but until the consumers start saying no they will keep doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT