ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark and Tiger Woods

HawkOptimist

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
Before Tiger Woods, I never watched a second of golf on TV. When he emerged, I kept up with almost every major and even the regular tournaments he competed in.

Before Caitlin Clark, I never watched a second of women’s basketball on TV. I tuned in here and there over the last few years, but this year I’ve actually watched several of their games.

I’m guessing there are A LOT of people out there who can say the same. A generational superstar is something to be appreciated no matter the sport or gender.

Absolutely, I have said it many times that the only athlete CC can be compared to is Tiger. I tell you though what I have learned through this journey is that WBB is actually really good, there are a lot of girls that can play and the game is fun to watch. There are a lot of skilled girls out there. I will keep watching next year without CC and that says a lot.

Iowa Fans at halftime: "CC just doesn't have it today, we are going to lose this game."

Caitlin Clark:
Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jpg

I made that comparison the other day. If all the sudden the WNBA becomes watchable and top players start making a million dollars a year doing it then yes, that absolutely will be Caitlin Clark's very own 'Tiger effect'. PGA golf was still a pretty big thing, but purses and endorsement dollars began their real explosion in the late 90s during the Woods emergence.

I have and will continue to watch Iowa women's BBall when available (BIG+), but WNBA/NBA does not pique my interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT