ADVERTISEMENT

Games for around the house

Tenacious E

HB Legend
Dec 4, 2001
As part of a basement renovation, we incorporated a shuffleboard table, pool table with ping pong top, and an electronic dart board with a bunch of games you can play. By far the most used game is the shuffle board table, which is very accessible to everyone of all ages, and less intimidating than pool for many who suck (like me). It made me wonder if there were other fun games for the home I had not considered. Any family traditions out there I should investigate?

As part of a basement renovation, we incorporated a shuffleboard table, pool table with ping pong top, and an electronic dart board with a bunch of games you can play. By far the most used game is the shuffle board table, which is very accessible to everyone of all ages, and less intimidating than pool for many who suck (like me). It made me wonder if there were other fun games for the home I had not considered. Any family traditions out there I should investigate?
My kids and their friends got heavy use out of the foosball table. You can probably find 50 of them on facebook marketplace. Get a decent one though.

For the basement?

hkufJcf9nQgPqeswNAInPXCpFS2KC_XGxporB_k_I07Q1H65kG4N0jwub396o4K8Db-DXhDb3pvThbIHhVBItDTVwkhHW4W9UMI

images

s-l1600_1500x.jpg

I like to try and play a little "slap and tickle" with the No Pic when the kids are out of the house.

And to @NDallasRuss response above, my buddy has a Golden Tee in his basement mancave and its fantastic.

BIL has golden tee and buck hunter.

We play buck hunter every now and then but once you figure out how to beat thr game it's not fun. You almost have to make a line like you do in darts.
I can see that - getting too close to the screen makes it too easy.

Similarly, I watched a Golden Tee competition on The Ocho, and these competitors were scoring >30 under on that game. Seems like once you get that good, there should be a harder mode, or some other kind of handicap.

Golden Tee would be a great add!

goldenteefore_fullCabinet.jpg

OP, you can buy something like this online that has nearly every video game on it. A guy older than both of us in my fantasy football league has it in his garage.

Personally I love being goalie in foosball. I also love shuffle board.

Get yourself a night version of Kan Jam for the backyard. Youl'll be intimidated at first, but I dominated last year's draft despite performance dehancers.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Funny that you said you suck at pool. We had a pool table all my childhood. I suck. My friends loved to come over and play.

Here is a CSB: I am right handed. I never realized I played pool left handed until multiple friends called me out.

Funny that you said you suck at pool. We had a pool table all my childhood. I suck. My friends loved to come over and play.

Here is a CSB: I am right handed. I never realized I played pool left handed until multiple friends called me out.
Same thing…I’m right handed, but shoot pool, a rifle, and bow, all left handed. Someone once told me that’s a sign of genius.

From a non-golfer, can you learn the skill to actually golf off a simulator? Honest question.
From a shitty golfer, I would say yes, generally. The set ups now are pretty amazing giving you accurate distance, spin rates, and all of that. it is different from "real" golf obviously, and big things would be hitting off an artificial surface and putting. Putting, again, for obvious reasons, but the artificial surface can mask how bad you contact is because you aren't taking a huge chunk of sod out with a swing.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
From a shitty golfer, I would say yes, generally. The set ups now are pretty amazing giving you accurate distance, spin rates, and all of that. it is different from "real" golf obviously, and big things would be hitting off an artificial surface and putting. Putting, again, for obvious reasons, but the artificial surface can mask how bad you contact is because you aren't taking a huge chunk of sod out with a swing.

I can putt. The DQ I worked at when I was 16 had a miniature golf course. I just have never been taught how to tee off or use irons on the course without causing damage to the course. And when you are out there with folks wanting to play through, there is no time to learn.

I can putt. The DQ I worked at when I was 16 had a miniature golf course. I just have never been taught how to tee off or use irons on the course without causing damage to the course. And when you are out there with folks wanting to play through, there is no time to learn.
Driving range brah

Yeah, that would be fun as hell to own. Practice at home and then take carnies out of action with prizes once you have mastered your craft.
I got snookered by a carnie at a 4th of July fair.

Did you know they purposely dull the darts and then inflate and deflate the balloons so they don't pop.

I hit the 3rd one square nuts for a stuffed animal and the damn thing rolled.

2 out of 3 won beads.... yay.

I got snookered by a carnie at a 4th of July fair.

Did you know they purposely dull the darts and then inflate and deflate the balloons so they don't pop.

I hit the 3rd one square nuts for a stuffed animal and the damn thing rolled.

2 out of 3 won beads.... yay.

When my friends and I were in jr. high we made it a point to harass carnies. They weren't real people. They had no souls. Kind of like gingers. ;)

@ConvenientParking s not going to be happy about this. At least I think he was the carnie.

I preferred the Jimmy's to the cohort that exists in every small town who sincerely believe the nicest hardest working people in the world are from their small town and everyone from Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Des Moines, etc. are lazy and godless. The Jimmy's were just drunk usually

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Hopefully he got discounted corndogs.

I swear I remember him talking about eating corndogs that were freshly battered and fried right in front of him. Maybe I am losing my mind. You know, thinking about going to a carnival and playing some skee ball and all that. Maybe even tossing a corndog at a carnie.

I swear I remember him talking about eating corndogs that were freshly battered and fried right in front of him. Maybe I am losing my mind. You know, thinking about going to a carnival and playing some skee ball and all that. Maybe even tossing a corndog at a carnie.

Well.... you know I am in. Old habits are hard to break.

34e05018-8d0f-4bd9-be3f-c6b106951b5b_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT