ADVERTISEMENT

Gamestop

27%…

@bunsen82 what do you make of this?

investment fund buying in?
short covering?
short hedge fund margin call?
I will say there is enough short interest still there that funds and individuals are still having success at causing short squeezes. We are still at lower price levels compared to a year ago, you would have thought they would have cleared some of the shorts off the deck. It is a stock of gamification that has no aspect on reality and they are still battling.

It's May OPEX. They're likely going to dump it over the next few weeks, then slam it after the shareholders meeting, then we'll see another run into mid June with quarterly options expiry, ETF rebalance, and stock split dividend.

Thank you Viv. Can you elaborate?
This is not my original idea, I have been wrong before and will be wrong again, and people much smarter than me can explain it much better than I can, but it's my understanding that when they slam the price down, they mostly short through ETF creation to keep the short interest hidden from the public. Along with the ETF bullshit, they will buy ITM puts to drive the price down and keep it suppressed. When they buy all the puts and perform other options ****ery such as married puts, short hedge funds have shifted their obligations onto the market maker, who has to go into the market and buy actual shares to square up all the options trades for the month. This happens every month, but the yearly (Jan) and quarterly options (Feb, May, Aug, Nov last year) expiries are usually the ones that see GME run the most because they capture much more time than the monthlies. All this and other obligation builders such as ETF rebalancing (i.e. time to pay the piper for all the ETF shorting) results in GME running roughly every 90 days.

With that said, it looks like it has somehow shifted this year, due to not seeing any kind of run until March. This would put us at Mar, June, Sept, Dec for this year. Last year they covered in November early, left lots of retail bag holding their calls after they crashed the price. This year, I and many others lost a shit load of money buying February calls to capture the yearly and Feb quarterly options expiry, they somehow managed to push that back until March.

None of this considers their BS with swaps and other derivative plays they have surely made with banks, prime brokers, whoever. Someone is likely short volatility and that means there's a counter party that is long volatility which is why you see these "cycles". They're making money driving the price down with shorting, then they load up on calls when it's about to run, rinse and repeat.

I'll be waiting until mid June to buy my calls, thinking we will see below 100 again, then it should run sometime in June or July again. Cohen knows about the cycles and i believe that's why they're doing the dividend and I believe we'll see the marketplace go live around then too. Dunking on short hedge funds.

Not financial advice.

This is not my original idea, I have been wrong before and will be wrong again, and people much smarter than me can explain it much better than I can, but it's my understanding that when they slam the price down, they mostly short through ETF creation to keep the short interest hidden from the public. Along with the ETF bullshit, they will buy ITM puts to drive the price down and keep it suppressed. When they buy all the puts and perform other options ****ery such as married puts, short hedge funds have shifted their obligations onto the market maker, who has to go into the market and buy actual shares to square up all the options trades for the month. This happens every month, but the yearly (Jan) and quarterly options (Feb, May, Aug, Nov last year) expiries are usually the ones that see GME run the most because they capture much more time than the monthlies. All this and other obligation builders such as ETF rebalancing (i.e. time to pay the piper for all the ETF shorting) results in GME running roughly every 90 days.

With that said, it looks like it has somehow shifted this year, due to not seeing any kind of run until March. This would put us at Mar, June, Sept, Dec for this year. Last year they covered in November early, left lots of retail bag holding their calls after they crashed the price. This year, I and many others lost a shit load of money buying February calls to capture the yearly and Feb quarterly options expiry, they somehow managed to push that back until March.

None of this considers their BS with swaps and other derivative plays they have surely made with banks, prime brokers, whoever. Someone is likely short volatility and that means there's a counter party that is long volatility which is why you see these "cycles". They're making money driving the price down with shorting, then they load up on calls when it's about to run, rinse and repeat.

I'll be waiting until mid June to buy my calls, thinking we will see below 100 again, then it should run sometime in June or July again. Cohen knows about the cycles and i believe that's why they're doing the dividend and I believe we'll see the marketplace go live around then too. Dunking on short hedge funds.

Not financial advice.

This is my general understanding as well from all the DD i have read. Just didnt follow the OPEX comment.

I usually think of that as Operating Expenditure / Expense.

Upon further review, OPEX is usually the third Friday of the month. That would have been last week. This movement was probably Gamma Exposure and retail FOMO according to Gherk. Wallstreetbets was also all over this one. If you guys aren't on his (Gherk) discord, I highly recommend it. Superstonk has gone to complete shit and they have chased anyone with an original thought out of there. It's nothing but a DRS cult over there.

The crazy thing is, the price ran 30 percent yesterday, but they somehow crushed IV by 7 percent, so they probably let it run so they could load up on cheap puts to push the price back down. I'll be shocked if it's not pushed under $100 over the next few weeks.

FWIW, I plan on selling my shares after the next run to gain more capital to start playing more options. As long as these cycles continue, I'd recommend to not be as dumb as me and continue to watch 30k gains just disappear all in the name of a MOASS that looks less and less likely as time goes on. I'm in the camp that MOASS was killed by the two share offerings.

Upon further review, OPEX is usually the third Friday of the month. That would have been last week. This movement was probably Gamma Exposure and retail FOMO according to Gherk. Wallstreetbets was also all over this one. If you guys aren't on his (Gherk) discord, I highly recommend it. Superstonk has gone to complete shit and they have chased anyone with an original thought out of there. It's nothing but a DRS cult over there.

The crazy thing is, the price ran 30 percent yesterday, but they somehow crushed IV by 7 percent, so they probably let it run so they could load up on cheap puts to push the price back down. I'll be shocked if it's not pushed under $100 over the next few weeks.

FWIW, I plan on selling my shares after the next run to gain more capital to start playing more options. As long as these cycles continue, I'd recommend to not be as dumb as me and continue to watch 30k gains just disappear all in the name of a MOASS that looks less and less likely as time goes on. I'm in the camp that MOASS was killed by the two share offerings.

Let us know when you're loading up. I'm still diamond handing some shares, but might dabble in some options if another spike is coming.

Let us know when you're loading up. I'm still diamond handing some shares, but might dabble in some options if another spike is coming.
I bought a bunch of Feb 18s earlier this year and diamond handed them through them covering their FTDs like a dumbass, waiting for a big run. At one point, I think I had 2x my money if I sold them, but I waited and waited until theta started to eat away at them. I spent more money rolling them out to March 18s and then paperhanded them at the slightest bit of ups to try to get some of my money back, missing the big run altogether.

The lesson I learned is to buy near or at the money calls with at least a month of theta beyond where you think it will run and don't blow all your capital, reserve some to roll in case there's more ****ery. I don't mind paying more for the contracts to make sure they're going to be profitable. The problem is timing the buys.

I'm cautiously optimistic about next week through the 24th. My concern is the overall markets taking a bit ol poop, being dragged down with the indexes, and wondering how much covering they have been doing into the downside. The fact that you can't buy August calls right now is also suspicious AF. I feel like July strikes should cover the expected run, but if they move their obligations by abusing ETFs considering XRT is off of Reg Sho, we could see it delayed for another two weeks or so. In other words, August calls would be perfect. I'm going to enter my position on Friday, Monday, or Tuesday because I'm expecting them to drop the price for the remainder of the week before they start covering. Probably grabbing Octobers as to not get fleeced again. I think we see 180 again soon. Wish me luck boyz.

Well, another Nopex. Timing these run ups at this point seems to be almost impossible if they can just move them to whenever is convenient for them. I bought a couple August 19 140c and some June 24 shitty weeklies when we were trading at about 128. Fortunately, I learned my lesson last time and actually set stops on my August calls. Lost about 1k total.

I'm done trying to time my entries. It seems the easiest way to make money is to just buy puts shortly after a run and sell covered calls between them because you know they're going to short the piss out of the stock right after it runs.

Well, another Nopex. Timing these run ups at this point seems to be almost impossible if they can just move them to whenever is convenient for them. I bought a couple August 19 140c and some June 24 shitty weeklies when we were trading at about 128. Fortunately, I learned my lesson last time and actually set stops on my August calls. Lost about 1k total.

I'm done trying to time my entries. It seems the easiest way to make money is to just buy puts shortly after a run and sell covered calls between them because you know they're going to short the piss out of the stock right after it runs.
Have you tried calendar call spreads? I like looking at all the different scenerios with an app like option strat. You can get a very wide range for breakeven if set-up correctly.

I was really hoping it would run up mostly to sell some shares to free up more capital to be more aggressive with the options to do things exactly like that. Unfortunately, I bought too much of the buy and hold hype and dropped most of my free money into shares.

Oh well, learn and adapt. I'm selling covered calls to hopefully make back my losses from the week.

Ah_Shit%2C_Here_We_Go_Again.jpg

I still have some GameStonk and have held all the way down and will see it through. A lot of seemingly fraudulent activity and/or market manipulation was chronicled but pretty clearly will go unpunished so even if it is still shorted to oblivion, I’m not sure that will lead to anything, sadly.

damn I was tempted to buy puts in anything, anytime GME starts to FOMO after a long run on the indices, we are due for a pullback.

I sold it long ago when it was clear they don't actually have any real plan to pivot the company. The whole reason I bought GME over any of the other shitty, nearly bankrupt companies was because I actually had faith that Cohen had a plan to turn the company around with the capital to do so. Why else buy in? Closing non-profitable stores only gets you so far if the core of your business is dying rapidly. The shorts were never wrong, they were just caught with their pants down. Unfortunately, it seems like all Cohen did was delay the inevitable, which is a bankrupt Gamestop.

Pretty sure it had something to do with XRT coming off RegSho. ETFs provide nearly infinite liquidity to short with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT